Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Benzart Visits Ocanic Arts

Pages: 1 15 replies

B

While in San Diego for the Left Coast Oki Oki, Sherry and I visited Oceanic Arts and had a great time with Bob and Leroy. The place is filled to the brim with tiki stuff and we could have been there a week and not seen it all.
Here are a few pictures.
Enjoy

(OOPS...Maybe it will work beter now!)

[ Edited by: Benzart 2006-10-31 10:39 ]

Hi Ben!

Hey, I thought that I'd let ya know that your link takes ya to Moki's slideshow.

Thanks Again for a GREAT weekend!

M
Moki posted on Tue, Oct 31, 2006 10:46 AM

Yay!! The link works now. Nice pictures Benz!
So much to look at, I'll have to see them again later.

T

Neat Tiki stuff! Wish they would upgrade there web site with full catalog soon!

Thortiki

Great pictures, Ben. No matter how many times you visit OA, you always miss something because there's just so much to see. It's really interesting to see it through someone else's eyes.

Nice pic's BenZ, mahalo for sharing!

I was out in L.A. area several times this summer and was so bummed that I never made it to Whittier to check out OA. Reeeeally wanted too, BUT just didn't happen... your photos help feed my curiosity even more!!! :D

Flip-flOp-fLipPp...
*Ditto for Bamboo Ben's shop...I was at HB Pier...TWICE! DANG!!! :P

That is fantastic! I had no clue it was open to the public.
Thanks Benz!

real nice Ben...looks like the ultimate tiki candy store...I will have to add OA to my very
long list of places to visit...soon.

What...??

No pictures of the....

3 Wise-Men ???

(Benz-Bob-Leroy)

Glad you and Sherry went solo to suck as much as possible in
for the lil' bit o time you had.

Will we read about it when your book comes out next year??

Viewing those pictures reminds me again of the fact that discovering Oceanic Arts in 1989 (still in their old, even larger warehouse) was the single most formative event to inspire me to research and write the BOT.

H
hewey posted on Wed, Nov 1, 2006 1:31 AM

Nice pics Benz... [drools]

TD

great pics, thanks. did you happen to notice how much they were asking for the large panel with the inlaid shell eyes in pic #29? thank you. TD

B

B-Ben, Did you mean THESE Three Old Wise Men?

I took pic's of the Other three, but cannot find them, so these guyz will have to do however I Think these are "Wise Guys" and not "Wise Men".

T

On 2006-11-01 04:34, TIKI DAVID wrote:
great pics, thanks. did you happen to notice how much they were asking for the large panel with the inlaid shell eyes in pic #29? thank you. TD

I talked to Leroy about this panel earlier this year, and he said it wasn't for sale. They used to have two, but they sold one. This remaining piece had fallen off the wall during an earthquake and broke. They repaired it though.

TD

the reason i asked ,i have a couple panels alot like that from the KON- TIKI ,Ceveland.mine have 3 maoris figures and 2 spiral carveings.on darker wood.there are pics some where here on TC. i am keeping one but thinking of selling the other. i was trying to establish a reserve price for e-bay. TD

OL

On 2006-10-31 17:27, RevBambooBen wrote:
What...??

No pictures of the....

3 Wise-Men ???

(Benz-Bob-Leroy)

Here's some other wiseguys, Ben:

Crazy Al, Leroy, BambooBen

Pages: 1 15 replies