Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Design a Tiki to represent

Pages: 1 12 replies

RT

Hi All!

I'm wrapping up details for the Grand Opening of my new Internet Church, "Reverend Tiki's Garden of Paradise Internet Church". I am anticipating that the site will be up and running by January 1, 2007. I have fabulous custom Tiki artwork, created by an extremely talented artist.

The last piece is the logo Tiki, a unique and COPYRIGHTABLE Tiki to be used on the website and associated materials.

On the advice of Leroy at OA, I am opening up this challenge to all TC carvers and artists:

Design a Tiki to represent God.

This Tiki will be physically strong, all powerful, omniscient, yet loving, benevolent, nurturing, kind and caring. The key is to give the appearance of strength without the meanness.

The payoff is a design fee to be paid upon selection of your design, plus a future order of one 6' Tiki, one 3' Tiki, and one 6" carved wooden Tiki. I will pay for shipping or pick them up at your location.

All that is needed at this point is a rough sketch and your pricing for the items listed above, including the assignment of all rights to the design to Rev.Tiki.org.

I will need a fairly quick turnaround in order to meet our Grand Opening timetable. If you are interested, please submit your sketches and pricing by Saturday, November 18th. Please don't let this time frame keep you from participating. I know it sounds fast, and you are really busy now, but please keep in mind that these do not have to be highly detailed sketches, just a quick pencil sketch is all that is required. I just need to find the right look, and the artist will create the image from there.

You may submit as many designs as you would like.

Please email your submissions to: (edit). Be sure to include your email address and phone number in case I have any questions.

The chosen design will be incorporated into the website artwork immediately, and I will look to take delivery of the Tikis within 6 months, your schedule permitting.

Thanks for helping with this exciting project...I hope that each of you will be divinely inspired to participate!

Mahalo,
Rev. Tiki

Life is Paradise...create Heaven on Earth!

[ Edited by: Rev. Tiki 2008-03-11 20:59 ]

..dude.....tikis already are representations of gods....that was their original purpose...hence, "tiki gods".....not trying to bust balls...just seems like a curious request...almost weird.

H

Maybe Mark Ryden will let you use a tiki based on his Tiki God painting. (yeah right.)

H

What god?. I hate when I stereotype and put people into little categorical boxes-but I'm assuming that since you are from 'around here' then you must be representing the christian god :roll:. Doesn't he {or she} already have some associative imagery built in--wouldn't the christian god be offended by the presentation of another god before him (or her)--or is this a god you've conceived yourself. You know there's alot of them god figures through out the world--your motives confuse myself and maybe others as well.

BTW, what time does church start :wink:

ST

I have to say I'm confused as well, even if this is just for fun, I still wouldn't go asking for a Tiki of God himself, I'd fear a bolt of lightning would strike me.
If this is real, well maybe next time a comet whizzes by you can catch a ride...

S
Swanky posted on Thu, Nov 2, 2006 6:26 AM

I also think this is a very touchy thing. It might be best to make this "god" not "God". Anyone who worships God in the Jewish religion would say there is no image of God. In fact, some would say no image of G-d. Same for Muslims. Christians tacitly believe this, although they blatantly break it by putting images of Jesus and the cross everywhere. I think I know what you are trying to get at, but I think it is stated here such that anyone here that believes in God is likely to be offended.

But then again, turnabout is fair play. We took the ancestor figures and hero figures of these cultures and made them into art pieces and kooky decor. Why not take our dieties and make them tacky kitsch? See how it feels. Nah. I think it's a bad idea. "Jesus Tiki" "YHVH Tiki" "Allah Tiki" I am guessing that's not what you were asking for here. But, it's not well stated.

H

Sophia Loren as a Tiki?
I don't think so!

RT

Hey, thanks for the encouragement! This is real, I am simply looking for a Tiki to represent God. And, who would be better to interpret than Tiki carvers? This Tiki will have the characteristics described in my original post. If you are willing to help, and be paid for your work, I really appreciate that. If not, stop by in January and check it out for yourself!
Have a Happy! Rev. Tiki.

Life is Paradise...create Heaven on Earth!

[ Edited by: Rev. Tiki 2008-03-11 21:02 ]

cthulu tiki?

T

On 2006-11-02 08:36, Johnny Dollar wrote:
cthulu tiki?

How about Yog-Sothoth?

My ESP says this will end up locked.

RT

This Tiki is to represent "God" or "god", as in creator of the universe type. It has nothing to do with any existing religion, and refers back to a time before these religions existed, hence the Tiki connection.

I think this topic comes close enough to fall into the "no religion or politics" rule we have on Tiki Central. I'm locking it.

Pages: 1 12 replies