Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Sorta unscrupulous seller

Pages: 1 4 replies

T

I FINALLY got a response back from the seller of these items saying they were all gone and we're sorry you don't get one (I had already rec'd a confirmation that I was one of the winners):

UNIQUE CERAMIC POLYNESIAN TIKI DRINK GLASSES
Item # 1792962034

Thay told me that all the glasses were gone and that since they haden't heard from me that they assumed I wasn't interested anymore. I was simply waiting for the total cost to be emailed to me, which they said they would do. Very lame, putting the blame back on me for what was THEIR resposibility.

It's not a big loss, just really lame. Watch out for this seller in the future.

that sucks! we should make a tiki blacklist and put sellers that we know rip people on the list. that way new people( and old tikifiles) can get a heads up on who is who and who to be careful of.

I emailed her right away, since I figured with 30 mugs in that auction alone she was probably swamped, and paid immediately via Paypal, but when I read your email I started to worry since I hadn't received mine yet. I emailed her, and she apologized and said they didn't go out due to a mix up. She offered to refund my money if they were Christmas gifts or send me the two mugs I bought so I asked her to send them to me.

Well, they arrived in perfect shape and she even sent me TWO boxes of paper parasols - vintage Orchids of Hawaii number R37-144PCS to make nice!

I'm guessing she underestimated what it would take to sell all those mugs at once and you ended up with the short end of the stick, Tiki-bot, but she certainly did right by me.

-Mike

M

Like I posted elsewhere, two of mine were completely shattered. They just weren't well packed. Not the end of the world, though at that price.

-martin

T

I noticed most of her other negative feedback had to do with poor packing and items arriving broken.

Pages: 1 4 replies