Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Wife Swap Tiki Couple

Pages: 1 16 replies

C
Cammo posted on Mon, Nov 6, 2006 12:37 PM

A pal just shot the local segments of ABC's Wife Swap show about - get this - a Corona CA wife who is a lesbian, shaved head, tattooed Kustom Kulture swinger who is swapping with a moralistic African-American lady from North Carolina.

The point is, the Corona couple are Tiki Types. They have the bar, posters by Coop all over the place, carved Tikis, etc. My friend said they had to take down half the (naked devil) stuff in their place because you can't show it on TV. The couple also has 3 kids, who are way into Tiki too.

The show is gonna be pretty extreme, and they're apparently saving it for end-of-November Sweeps Week. Looks like a party.

They actually have this kinda stuff on TV nowadays?
...and I was hoping for some vintage, early 70s swinger story, sigh.

MN

On 2006-11-06 13:01, bigbrotiki wrote:

Nah, this is the post gen-X punk stuff. Since it is "post" I guess we might be in the "Y to the Z, Yo!" era.

I'll watch. Programing the Tivo to record "swap" right now.

T

Corona CA ----- The wife is a 'Lesbian'. And the husband is_________________

a. out to lunch
b. lock in a closet
c. gettting drunk at Trader Vic's

C
Cammo posted on Mon, Nov 6, 2006 5:53 PM
  • 'lesbian' -

Sorry, I guess the correct term is "Bisexually Active Three Time Tiki Mom".

On 2006-11-06 13:01, bigbrotiki wrote:

That is what I thought (OK - hoped) the show was about.

Wife swapping - sort of a "Protect America's wildlife" theme.

Or at least a remake of "Love, American Style."

F

Apparently the show is trying to live up to it's name by putting swingers on there. The outtakes will be featured ont he next episode of Real Sex on HBO. Where is that damn sarcasm font?

That's F*cked up, Y'all!

D

When is this show supposed to air? I went on the Wife Swap website which was no help whatsoever.

C
Cammo posted on Sun, Dec 31, 2006 8:45 AM

Air date is January 8th, or at least that week. The producers think it's the best show of the year.

J

Hey - is this the "Wife Swap" Tiki wife episode tonight?
The TV guide describes the episode as -
Episode Description
Originally Aired: January 08, 2007
A career-focused mom with an alternative lifestyle swaps with a mom who places religion and family above everything else.

H

Just watched it, east coast time. Don't expect to be blown away by tiki--not much at all. Some hot rod art, a few small tikis scattered around and some newer freaky tiki art (tikis with fangs, etc.), The family pole dance parties were interesting though.

S

hmmmm,
we must have saw a different one.
one all-religious family and one
tattoo'd free-thinking atheist family.
Didn't see tikis.

I'm with you sweetpea, didn't see a single Tiki in da house. I did see a Volcanoe lounge print over the bar. Oh well ....

H

There was one super quick shot near the beginning (like 2 seconds quick) that showed 2, maybe 3 small tiki's of the gift shop variety (from what I could tell). There was also the creepy fanged tiki print hanging on the wall behind "Big Mama" (that's what she called herself) during one of her morality speeches. All-in-all, a dissapointment. Not really Cammo's fault--he/she probably was relying on what he/she heard--not saw.

T

Sure am glad I missed this one!

MN

There were at least two tikis. One was a painting and one was a statue.

I dig punk so it was fine for me. To Cammo's credit, his bud knows that Cammo likes "tiki". Our (yours and mine) friends that know we like tiki may not have a clue what it really means to "like".

Pages: 1 16 replies