Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Out & Rolling out soon!

Pages: 1 35 replies

M

Hi,
We're currently in the final stages of one of our biggest groupings of product launches ever! Desginers include Doug Horne, Dirty Donny, Squid, Thor, Derek, Flounder, Ken Ruzic, Benzart, Joe Vitale, Donella Vitale, Chongolio & Shag. Here's an approximate eta...

Next week...Moai Munchkin 4-pack, Hot Lava Java Mug & Hot Lava Java Creamer/Sugar/Tiki Headed Spoon set, Tiki Tunes mug & Luau Tunes mugs (I'm launchin' 'em without the cd's... all prebooks...we'll be contactin' you), new swizzle sticks.

End of November...Bali Hai S&P Authorized Repro's, Shag S&P Shakers (open edition!)

Right around XMAS... Vicious & Malicious, Thor's Hawaiian Idols, Thor's Jivaro Shrunken Head

January or so... RoboTiki #1, RoboTiki #2, Rocketship Decanter, Donny's Shrunken Head decanter (no, that's not it's new, official name), GIANT Drei Moai Footed Volcano Bowl, ExoTiki, Huge Herman, Shag's Monku & Apohu Ltd. Mugs (excl. through Shagmart), OliOli, Pupule, Kakaka, Chongo Tiki Bottle Brush Cleaners, Squll ("sq" is correct... it's by "Sq"uid), Oceanic Arts 50th anniversary mug, Mr. Rapa Nui mugs and a Mr. Rapa Nui mini bbq grill.

Mugs currently out there (exclusives) that are new placements yet to be discussed or perhaps they have but I'm not positive...

Chimpanzee "Pitcher Mug" for the Saloon in State College, PA (complete w/a banana handle)
Barney West Maori Mug at Trader Vic's in Atlanta
"Da Big Kahuna" Tiki mug at Da Big Kahuna Bar & Restaurant in Waikiki, HI

Mugs that "will" be out there (exclusives) sometime in the not too distant future...

Olmec Mask mug for "El Taco Real" Restaurant in Lake Hammond, IN
Fire Hydrant mug for Old Boy's Brewhouse in Spring Lake, MI
New & improved Bali Hai Headhunter mug

Mugs that "will" be out there (open editions) sometime in the not too distant future...
Mini Tiki Boy (baby blue glaze) & Tiki Girl (pink glaze) mugs (sippy cup sized)

Mugs in final design/negotiation stages on top of these that are exclusives/commissions...somewhere between 12 to 20.

Other mugs that are out there that have been discussed (just to wrap it all up)...
Forbidden Island
Solomons Island
Cheeseburger in Paradise
Otto's Shrunken Head
Pink Panthers
Kon Tiki Tucson mug, shot & bowl(next shipment of mugs/shots will be in a retro orange glaze)
House of Tiki "Shaka" Tiki mugs (coming out next week in Aquamarine)

"Other" items currently in varying stages of development...
"Remains of a Rainbow" collector plates (benefiting the Hawai'i Nature Conservancy)
Kim Taylor Reece frosted hi-balls and double old-fashioneds

Fun stuff to throw out...
In conversations with Michelle Rundgren to do designs for her future Tiki bar. It's being opened by her and her husband, rock legend Todd Rundgren.

There is a possibility (slight) that we will have mugs designed for us by actor/artist (he's a real talented artist) Gene Hackman for his restaurants in New Mexico & Florida.

Good possibility that we'll take a broader Shag tabletop line to market. Shag Tiki mugs though will always be limited.

I think that's about it. I might have missed a couple, though.

Mahaloz!
Holden

[ Edited by: makedamug 2006-11-08 15:18 ]

K

So, what are ya gonna do for an encore? :wink:

[ Edited by: kikekeki 2006-11-08 15:55 ]

M

On 2006-11-08 15:53, kikekeki wrote:
So, what are ya gonna do for an encore? :wink:

[ Edited by: kikekeki 2006-11-08 15:55 ]

going into a minor coma comes to mind!

Damn! Looks like I better get myself two or three more jobs to be able to afford the awesome tiki tidal wave you're planning. Anyone got an old rag and squeegee they don't need? Will work for tiki.

T
teaKEY posted on Wed, Nov 8, 2006 4:48 PM

Just when I thought that I was out, they pull me back in!

Our my eyes deceiving me, the mug for a company in MI. I smell road trip. The first time that I was right over in that part of Mi was this summer(camping) now I have a reason to go back.

The mug from there would go perfect with a new decanter mug that is coming out from somewhere else. Ha HA.

Can't wait to see that tide to come in. Any sneak peeks that you want to show , you can, although, we do somewhat know some of them.

K

Quote:
"going into a minor coma comes to mind!"

You've earned a Rip Van Winkle!
:wink:

Mahaloz!
Holden

You missed the most important one of all.....

The Bamboo Ben Toilet Tiki Mug !!!

K

On 2006-11-09 09:32, RevBambooBen wrote:

Mahaloz!
Holden

You missed the most important one of all.....

The Bamboo Ben Toilet Tiki Mug !!!

Isn't that the mug that holds the smores cocktail?
Sign me up for one! :D

G
GROG posted on Thu, Nov 9, 2006 9:45 AM

Damn Holden! Somebody's been busy!!!

Bamboo Ben's determined to have everybody drinking out of his toilet. Somebody will have to come up with a drink called "Toilet Water" just to be served in B. Ben's toilet mug.

S

On 2006-11-09 09:45, GROG wrote:

Bamboo Ben's determined to have everybody drinking out of his toilet. Somebody will have to come up with a drink called "Toilet Water" just to be served in B. Ben's toilet mug.

You could call it the "Jerry Curlan". Arcane Angry Samoans reference NSFW

W
Wolli posted on Thu, Nov 9, 2006 3:15 PM

Wow.....I try to count the stuff, but it's to much. It confused me!
You have to send Jenny and me a hugh box of mugs to Germany, Holden. :D

Is it possible that you post some photos of all the new stuff ?

Wolli

Hey Holden,

Whatever happened to Eruptoa? 8)

I'm hoping I'll need a lot of them....if I can just seal the deal with a certain bar!

On 2006-11-09 09:45, GROG wrote:

How about a "Ti-Di-Bol" Cocktail?

JV

Don't forget the "VIVA LAS VEGAS 10" Tiki Mug !!

W
Wolli posted on Sun, Nov 12, 2006 5:05 PM

On 2006-11-12 16:15, Joe V. wrote:
Don't forget the "VIVA LAS VEGAS 10" Tiki Mug !!

Do you have any photos of this mug ready yet ?

JV

Too early to give up the photos....... I'll post 'em when I get the word.

T

if its your usually , I know its going to be good. That Moai is probably the most original one ever made after the originals of course

JV

Hey, Cool! Glad you like the stuff.......

I just gotta chime in and say that this group of mugs are "da best evaah brah!!!" I just recieved my shipment of the Hot Lava Java coffee mugs and sugar/creamer sets, and the new Shakatiki (bitchen) blue glaze edition, and they are RAD!!!!! My hats off to Holden for keeping the quality control thing flowin and for some incredible new designs. I have a fresh cup of joe from HLJ (with steam coming out of the top of the volcano) and it makes me want to sacrafice a virgin. Hmmmmm.... are there any left??? Mahalos Holden!!
ps. Sorry for those who try to access the house of tiki website. It has been a nightmare from day one and I just gave up on it for the time being. if anyone wants to get the shakatiki mug (exclusive to House of Tiki) they are 15 bucks each or 30.00 with a H.O.T tee shirt. Just Email Wes at [email protected]
Aloha nui loa!!!

T

what is the shakatiki mug? Is there a picture of it.

On 2006-11-15 09:03, teaKEY wrote:
what is the shakatiki mug? Is there a picture of it.

Wat up TeaKEY?
There's a notsogood pic on a new post in the tiki marketplace.
mahaloz!

W
Wolli posted on Thu, Nov 16, 2006 4:55 PM

Hi shakatiki,
do you have any photos of the Hot Lava Java coffee mugs and sugar/creamer sets ??

Mahalo,
Wolli

I will try to get a couple up tommorrow. They are pretty cool!! Holden did a fantasmic job!!

S
squid posted on Thu, Nov 16, 2006 6:00 PM

On 2006-11-12 17:29, Joe V. wrote:
Too early to give up the photos....... I'll post 'em when I get the word.

Hey Joe, What's it worth to ya for me NOT to post pix of it? HEHEHEHEHE....

JV

You rat bastard.........

Looks like I might have to dig out those photos of you when you had your Wham cover band. Didn't know you were such a good dancer?

[ Edited by: Joe V. 2006-11-17 05:50 ]

W
Wolli posted on Mon, Nov 20, 2006 7:44 AM

On 2006-11-16 17:23, shakatiki wrote:
I will try to get a couple up tommorrow. They are pretty cool!! Holden did a fantasmic job!!

I still waiting for the photo. :wink:

Here's a sneak peak of one of the newer ones rolling out. "Hot Lava Java"...

designed by...

(pssst... there's a matching sugar & creamer set with a Tiki headed spoon, too!).
Mahaloz!
Holden

[ Edited by: makedamug 2006-11-20 14:58 ]

T

so close yet so far away. picture is just a little red X.

[ Edited by: finkdaddy 2006-11-20 14:47 ]

S
squid posted on Mon, Nov 20, 2006 2:52 PM

On 2006-11-17 05:45, Joe V. wrote:
You rat bastard.........

Looks like I might have to dig out those photos of you when you had your Wham cover band. Didn't know you were such a good dancer?

[ Edited by: Joe V. 2006-11-17 05:50 ]

OK, OK!!!! UNCLE!!!!!

W
Wolli posted on Mon, Nov 20, 2006 3:21 PM

Great mug like all the Squids !
The tikihandle is pretty cool. I know I'm very nosy :D , but can you show us the sugar & creamer set with a Tiki headed spoon, too Holden ??

On 2006-11-20 15:21, Wolli wrote:
Great mug like all the Squids !
The tikihandle is pretty cool. I know I'm very nosy :D , but can you show us the sugar & creamer set with a Tiki headed spoon, too Holden ??

NEIN! Sie mussen warten!! :)

Congrats Holden!

It's called "Job Security." :wink:

Raising a full mug to your continued success!

great work, there goes my pocket money...

On 2006-11-20 14:44, MakeDaMug wrote:
(pssst... there's a matching sugar & creamer set with a Tiki headed spoon, too!).
Mahaloz!
Holden

Al-ii got the whole set for me last weekend at House of Tiki. Pretty darn cool.

i'm a coffee addict so those mugs look like i'll be feeding my habit in tiki paradise. why aren't they on the web site? where can we get them?

Pages: 1 35 replies