Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Wes Joins the Over 40 Crowd

Pages: 1 14 replies

Come Celebrate Wes's 40th Birthday -
House of TIKI Style at the Bamboo Terrace in Costa Mesa
Saturday - January 4th 8:00pm - ?
Enjoy Puu Puu's, Live Music and a jab at the young one. He leaves for Tahiti the next day so let's send him off hungover!
Hawaiian Attire Required -
Win a prize for the Ugliest Hawaiian shirt
See You There!!

I've always wanted to stop by there, but never have, even though it's only 5 miles away from me.

Roll call....who's going?

SugarCaddyDaddy

D

Happy Birthday Wes, love your little shop of Tiki! :drink:

Happy Birthday Wes - you old man! So are beginning to fart dust now?

See you tonight!

40? I thought he was turning 50!

Man! I so appreciate life today! I woke up this morning after Wes's party last night and thought I had a brain aneurysm, then discovered it was only a hangover.

I woke up today with that god damn Mullet song in my head plus a hang over to boot!Double pain! Did anyone get their face shoved into that cake? Good seeing yall'.

I woke up today with that god damn Mullet song in my head plus a hang over to boot!Double pain! Did anyone get their face shoved into that cake? Good seeing yall'.

Wes shoved his own face in the cake.
I missed helping him by one second.
DAMN IT!!!
Sure was fun.

There's no way I had the ugliest shirt but I gladly accepted the prize - a seriously UGLY Tiki.
I'm glad a few new peeps got exposed to Bamboo Terrace - the best kept Tiki-secret in Newport Mesa.
Want copies of the Mullet Song? Ping me.

Didn't I hear you guys play a "Buffett" song with the word "Tiki" thrown in it? I was laughing my arse off thinking if all the TC's were still there, they'd start a riot! I thought, now that's punk!

F

The Wes Fest was a lot of fun. Wes was presented with the mold for his new House of Tiki mug, commissioned just for him by the Baxes and other friends/relatives. Props to Crazy Al, the creator of the mug. This is at the top of my list for all-time favorite mugs!

The Band

Swingin Tiki goes wild

Bax, Kukui, Lizzy and Al

Poly Pop, Bong and King Kukulele

Al and Lizzy

Bax and Wes

Wes Dances

Wes shows off the new baby

Closeup of House of Tiki Mug

House Of Tiki mug patrons

[ Edited by: floratina on 2003-01-07 16:09 ]

Great pics, I'm sorry that I wasn't able to make it. When will the mug be available?

On 2003-01-07 09:42, RevBambooBen wrote:
Didn't I hear you guys play a "Buffett" song with the word "Tiki" thrown in it? I was laughing my arse off thinking if all the TC's were still there, they'd start a riot! I thought, now that's punk!

That could've easily happened 'cause I improv lyrics fairly often. I can't really confirm that though 'cause I was pretty deep into the Flaming Cocktail Haze by then.
Now, you wanna talk PUNK, how 'bout you sporting the "shorts with retro biker leather jacket" look?

Just more pictures of the party. Sorry for the delay (Baxdog!)

The neon outside the restaurant.

That's WINGHO not WANGHO!

The TikiGreeter.

Bax & Shelly.

TikiBong & PolynesianPop. The sign behind them says "Happy 40th Birthday Wes! Get Naked!" The only one who took that seriously, was Judy for a brief moment."

Strange booth-people that happened to be in the restaurant at the time.

Hypnotic concoctions being made at the very busy bar.

Some Swingin' Tiki People!

This is how Tiki People dance:

Oh sure, just because you've got a big tiki, you think you can get all the girls!

The Cake!

"Let's see, is it suck my cake, blow my drink?...or blow my cake, suck my drink?....hey honey, do you blow or suck?...I forget.."

"...looks like I gotta make some mugs now!..

Another picture of the mug mold. Hopefully, we'll see these House of Tiki mugs available for sale soon!

SugarCaddyDaddy

This Daddy's Caddy & The Tiki Transporter

Hmmm...I should have been TraderFrank

[ Edited by: SugarCaddyDaddy on 2003-01-22 00:55 ]

Pages: 1 14 replies