Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

Hapa Haole Hideaway TN - visit while you can

Pages: 1 6 replies

S
Swanky posted on Thu, Nov 9, 2006 6:45 AM

We just started the process of buying a house and if that goes through, the Hapa Haole Hideaway will be dismantled once again and it's second incarnation will be but a rum soaked memory.

We encourage anyone who might travel through East TN in the next bit (we'd likely move in January) to stop in and enjoy the finest tiki bar in the area with us.

Unfortunately, the layout of the new house does not lend itself to a full on tiki bar as I can see it right now. It does have a nice lanai. Not the same. Especially when it's too hot or cold to be outside.

Email me for your planned visit. All tiki fans are welcome.

Pictures of the current bar

S

Basement Kahuna will be in the Hideaway this weekend. He'll be mixing us up his latest cocktail for sampling. I think it's the "Basement Kahuna Barrel". Looks like we may be saying goodbye to the Hideaway. Probably moving in mid December.

Cool Swank, if I could , I would. Y'all drink one for me.

P

I'm glad I got to experience both of your Hideaways several times each at leisure.
You make a nice scene and it was a pleasure to be in them.

However - outdoor tiki bars can be very, very nice.
There's this one in Florida... just outside of Tampa...

T
S

Tomorrow night is likely the last aloha for the Hideaway. I have been working on some projects and taking pictures of the bar while it is intact as part of that. Here are a few images. You may see these again in another form someday...

The barrel kiosk of black tiki things...

UA tiki fountain

Donn Beach set with other stuff

Aloha Hapa Haole Hideaway...

P

aloha... and mahalo.

Pages: 1 6 replies