Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Trader Vic's Website Store

Pages: 1 9 replies

U

Does anyone know why the Trader Vic's website store has been down for weeks (months) now? When you click on the FOOD PRODUCTS link, all you get is a page that says, "We're sorry. Our store is temporarily closed. Please try again later."

I needs me drinky supplies!

It's not the size that matters, it's how well you pluck.

[ Edited by: Ukulare 2006-11-09 11:29 ]

B

Not only is the web site down, but I even called 'em trying to get supplies for the Grand re-opening of the Lono Lounge.

I was told that they were bought out by another company, and that the new computer system wasn't in place yet.

No orders can be processed of any kind, web or phone.

The woman I spoke with was kind enough to look up distributors in my area (New York being the closest) and gave me their numbers.

Of course, everyone she gave me no longer carried TVs stuff, but the party still went off without a hitch.

So, I have no clue when you/I will be able to order again, but in the mean time, fees bros makes some good substitutes....

The passion fruit syrup is about the only thing I havent found a good replacement for yet. but hey, I'm saving the $4/bottle shipping charges!!

E

Aaaack! This is not good! I'm only stocked up for a few more months! Need syrups and marinades! Aaaaack! How could they SELL OUT?

The food products division recently moved. I suspect that's why that page is offline. I called right before they moved and had to send a check because all their credit card machines weren't up yet. That was a couple of weeks ago though, so they should be back to normal. Try 1-877-762-4824 and ask for Gail. She's outstanding.

U

On 2006-11-09 14:29, alohacurrent wrote:

... Try 1-877-762-4824 and ask for Gail. She's outstanding.

Alohacurrent, you were right. I just spoke to Gail and she informed me that they made some changes at Nubeco (the company that owns Trader Vic's) and they now sell the food products under the auspices of their licensing company. Their website will be back up in a 'month or so'. Until then, you can call her at 1-877-762-4824 and place your orders. She is up and running now. In fact, she's faxing (remember those machines?) a comprehensive list of all their products to me tomorrow to make it easier for me to order. Way to go, Gail!

The bad news is that they no longer sell rum! That part of the business has been sold to United States Distilled Products in Minneapolis. To purchase Trader Vic's rum products you can contact USDP and speak with April Bemboom (yes, that's spelled correctly and no, it's not Bamboo--according to Gail) at 763-633-7102. This is April's direct line. I called her but just got voicemail. I'm waiting for a callback now.

D

On 2006-11-09 14:00, Ekomomai wrote:
Aaaack! This is not good! I'm only stocked up for a few more months! Need syrups and marinades! Aaaaack! How could they SELL OUT?

Bargreen ellingson has what you need in Portland. koko kreme, mai tai mix, rock candy syrup and i think, grog mix..

RB

Dogbytes, thanks for the heads up on the Portland store! Do they sell to individuals like you and I, or only to businesses?

Bargreen Ellingson sells to anyone! call 'em in advance to make sure they have everything you need (if its not in the store, they'll get it in a few days).

A

The mai tai mix is easily obtainable at any Albertson's store if there's one near you. But from what I can tell, that's the only TV product they sell.

J

Several Trader Vic's products are available at these two websites:

Internet Wines and Spirits
BevMo

Just enter "Trader Vic" in the search box on either site and you'll see the list of products they carry.

Pages: 1 9 replies