Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Art Student Work

Pages: 1 31 replies

Here is some of my art...it's really not great, or even good..at all..haha...I just thought I'd share

this was a project we just did in my Computer Graphics class, we had to design the back of a deck of cards, the joker, and the ace of spades

this was a project back in high school, in one of my art classes we had to recreate the style of our favorite artist, and I picked Shag..her left leg is completely disjointed from her hip! haha and the moon/light source is completely off

this one I just did for fun over the summer..it's cute, but not really good, ha.

[ Edited by: hala_kahiki 2008-03-19 19:05 ]

[ Edited by: hala_kahiki 2008-04-03 20:10 ]

[ Edited by: hala_kahiki 2008-04-18 20:27 ]

I think their pretty good.

K

you go man - those look awesome and you can't beat the price - you basically have a Shag© painting for your place now - awesome!

thanks for the encouragement guys :)

Nice work, like the cards. I wished my stuff looked that professional when I was in school. Some one once told me your talent is something you have to keep using and using and always be perfecting. The more you use it the better it gets. So, don't stop!

Thanks tiki shark!! I will definately keep on practicing! Right now I'm going crazy having to do all these assignments for my art classes, I can't wait for winter break so that I can work on some stuff that is the subject matter of my choosing/liking.

Hala, Your work looks good and you are just getting started! I see way more potential and skill in your work than I do "not that goodness", keep honing your skills.

ST

Hala your work is good..keep at it

something I did REALLY sloppy and in like an hour...it's just fun, I dunno if it's even "art" haha

and this one isn't tiki at all..but I figured most everyone here can appreciate some retro rocket fun :)

T

Hang them out on I 4

On 2007-01-02 18:26, TikiLaLe wrote:
Hang them out on I 4

I don't understand? I know I 4..buuut? haha

I dig that rocket ship HK!

I'm lovin' that rocket painting! Atomic forever!

http://www.samgambino.com

[ Edited by: Sam Gambino 2007-01-02 20:07 ]

thank you guys very much! :)

F

Nice rocket ship. I like the midnight blue, the stars and the composition.

On 2007-01-03 09:40, frostiki wrote:
Nice rocket ship. I like the midnight blue, the stars and the composition.

thank you! :)

in my drawing I class last semester we were told to bring in one object that we would obsess over for the next 2 weeks..only drawing the one object..and I picked my Spastik Plastik Dino! now i'm not the best drawer in the world, and he had us explore a bunch of different techniques..here are like a 3rd of what we did in class

crosshatching

this one is a mix of different techniques and is more design really, than drawing

we had to make one that would fit on a wall, and picked to place mine on the light switch (ie: hole in the paper)..my professor compared this to "plastic jesus", saying it was too corny and too kitschy..he can suck it, cause I love kitschy! haha

I'm not sure what I was doing with this one, but I'm happy with it..I like stylized things

this was called "destroy and reclaim"..we had to crinkle/step on/rub on the ground our paper, then reclaim it by drawing on it

sillhouettes as a value study

and then we had to draw with tape haha..I did the fez with a 3D tassel

H
hewey posted on Thu, Jan 4, 2007 6:25 PM

Interesting work mate. Some of those pieces are pretty trippy. Love the light switch piece :) True lowbrow art - utterly rejected by the established high brow art world :)

On 2007-01-04 18:25, hewey wrote:
Interesting work mate. Some of those pieces are pretty trippy. Love the light switch piece :) True lowbrow art - utterly rejected by the established high brow art world :)

haha! I like that view on it :)

Great paintings! Especially the rocket- very cool!!!

On 2007-01-05 09:05, KU-KU for Tiki wrote:
Great paintings! Especially the rocket- very cool!!!

thanks! :)

I'm taking a screen printing class at school and for the rest of the semester we can work on whatever we want, and I want to try to make a small series of tiki related prints.

Here is my first one...it's my 4th print ever, so it's got pinholes, and registration issues..I based it off of photos I took on my last trip to the Mai Kai, the suffering bastard guy in the gardens, and the wigglies are based off of the floor tiles in the ladies restroom

with my hand for scale, it's 8.5" square

Very cool paintings & drawings. Soon you'll be selling on TC too.

On 2008-03-19 22:29, TikiPops wrote:
Very cool paintings & drawings. Soon you'll be selling on TC too.

thank ya :)

On 2007-01-03 22:18, hala_kahiki wrote:
I'm not sure what I was doing with this one..I like stylized things

My Favorite! Keep pushing those traditional forms. -Hodaddy

On 2008-03-21 11:23, hodadhank wrote:
My Favorite! Keep pushing those traditional forms. -Hodaddy

here's a new 4 color screen print I did yesterday:

i did this one today...5 color screen print...it's 8.5 x 11

[ Edited by: hala_kahiki 2008-04-03 20:11 ]

A

I love the rocket painting, but I'm a sucker for the atomic age stuff...

On 2008-04-15 12:13, AtomicQ wrote:
I love the rocket painting, but I'm a sucker for the atomic age stuff...

thank you :)
i'm going to make a rocket screen print today too, i hope it turns out well

rocket screen print

and an attempt at a puffer lamp...didn't turn out too well..still getting used to screen printing

[ Edited by: hala_kahiki 2008-04-18 20:30 ]

Very cool stuff! I've tried screenprinting, but it wasn't the easiest thing to do. It seemed touchy and tedious. This stuff here is cool though!

On 2008-04-19 08:32, Sam Gambino wrote:
Very cool stuff! I've tried screenprinting, but it wasn't the easiest thing to do. It seemed touchy and tedious. This stuff here is cool though!

thanks! :)
it's extremely tedious and touchy haha...it's so hard to do...i'm still trying to get a handle on it, and making stencils is kind of touchy too

Pages: 1 31 replies