Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Tiki House for sale – Las Vegas

Pages: 1 15 replies

This Tiki house was owned by a virtual “Who’s, Who” in Las Vegas. Originally bought by Jackie Gaughan who practically built downtown Las Vegas (El Cortez, Plaza, Western, etc.) it ended up in famed poker champ, Doyle Brunson’s hands only to go back to Jackie five years later – sounds like there is an interesting story there!

For a virtual tour of the house click on http://www.circlepix.com/home/h7wvbw

P
Paipo posted on Sat, Nov 11, 2006 2:28 PM

I'm not sure what your definition of "tiki" is, but I don't see single thing about this place that would qualify it for being described as a "tiki house".

I am surprised by your comment. Perhaps you did not look at the roof line. I have attached a pic here for your review and I certainly invite others to comment as well.

Thanks for looking.

D

Looks like the new adventure land mug tiki kate posted. does this one have straw holes?

With the roofline, the palm trees, the stone fireplace and the bar it definitely has the bones for making a great Tiki House.

K

I agree with BB--
The structure has good bones. All it would take is someone with vision and a hefty wallet...

Maybe they'll take $1.00 off if you tell them they can keep the Flamingo flag.

[ Edited by: Bora Boris 2006-11-11 19:23 ]

Love the house, I too think it has great potential! You just need a little imagination to transform it into a Tiki Paradise. More importantly it has...SPACE! Loads of it too!!! Did I say you just need a little imagination? I was never a realist, you need a lotta dosh too, of course. Sadly, we're out!

Here's a virtual(?) postcard of our humble abode here in England. We call it TIKI TOWERS. It's a relatively small (by American standards)three storey town house. It is in a block of four, each one being the corner. Image a square in plan divided into quarters. There are 8 blocks making a total of 32 houses. A pretty cool little estate, if I say so myself. Great mixture of residents too! A real little paradise here in the heart of Surrey and only a hour and a half from the newly opened MAHIKI in London. Just gets better! Any one want to know when the next one comes up for sale?

If you look real hard you can see a tiki face lookin' right back at ya, ha, ha! The Moai over the door keeps an eye out for us. I'm trying to work out how to get a flame out of the top knot without burning the place down or having to fit miles of gas piping. Any ideas? I thought maybe a gas canister from a patio heater might do the trick?

As for the inside...Hummmmmmmmmmmmm! It'll be along time before we post pictures of that I'm afraid, but when we do! We think you'll like it. We're aiming for 50s modern with a tiki twist! A tiki rock and definitely a tiki roll! Cha, cha, cha! Mahalo!

Trader Jim & his lovely wahine Sian x (make hers a Trader Jim! - A large one, ha, ha!!)

P

Good bones or not, I still don't see anything tiki there. I'd hate to see the marketplace filled with listings for every vaguely tropical house that comes on the market.

[ Edited by: Paipo 2006-11-12 10:32 ]

it seems your sole reason for joining Tiki Central is to sell your house...Maybe you should try the newpaper instead.

Hey my sole reason on joining Tiki Central was to see if I could get 'laid' !!!!!

Maybe I should try the newspaper instead !

On 2006-11-12 11:40, TikiLaLe wrote:
Maybe I should try the newspaper instead !

You must have better quality newspapers in the States, I use tissue paper, as the print on UK newspapers comes off on the end of your...What? O.k my love! Sorry gotta go!!

Trader Ji...Now!!!

A little harsh, I think!

I've posted pics of old tiki apartment buildings with a lot less Poly-pop architecture left than this one.

I'd say it's a fairly straightforward piece of Polynesian-inspired architecture. Those are classic outrigger beams as opposed to Chinese-influenced. I wouldn't be surprised if that place even had a few tikis out front when it was built. If I lived in Vegas, I'd definitely want to know where it was and take the Open House tour. I don't think we're in danger of being inundated with listings for vaguely tropical-style houses. Frankly, there just aren't that many true Polynesian-architecture houses out there, and they don't come up for sale that often.

Here's a picture of the Tiki Aloha apartments here in Torrance, CA.

Back in the day when it was called the Tiki Taboo it was advertised as one of the most swingin' singles Polynesian paradises around. And it was FULL of tikis. Nowadays, I'd say that the house in Vegas has a better tiki vibe that the old Tiki Aloha.

Thanks for posting it.

Sabu

[ Edited by: Sabu The Coconut Boy 2006-11-12 23:40 ]

D

On 2006-11-12 11:37, TikiLaLe wrote:
Hey my sole reason on joining Tiki Central was to see if I could get 'laid' !!!!!

Is it working out?

M

Some bits of that house are really cool!

Pages: 1 15 replies