Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Phoenix tikis?

Pages: 1 5 replies

delete?

[ Edited by: Mr. NoNaMe 2009-05-18 18:18 ]

H

That's the only (tiki) place I know of in Phoenix proper, but Scottsdale has both Drift lounge & the brand-spankin'-new Trader Vic's. I haven't personally been to any of the three (!!!), but if I were in town, I'd take the time to at least pop my head into all three.

It's a 2-hour or so drive to Tucson, and the Kon Tiki Lounge, which is in my opinion a must-see. If you have any ability to steal away for a few hours, it's well worth the trip. Maybe call to double-check they'll be open, with the holiday and all, and check with locals who could warn you if that 2-hour drive becomes a 4-hour drive during the holiday weekend.

On 2006-11-12 15:04, Humuhumu wrote:
That's the only (tiki) place I know of in Phoenix proper, but Scottsdale has both Drift lounge & the brand-spankin'-new Trader Vic's.

Well, I am down for Trader Vic's. It'll be my first. I will bug the familia for it. I am driving us out so, they should go for it.

You need to check out this posting under Tiki Events - Other Events:

PHOTOS! Too much fun! TC gathering at Trader Vic's Scottsdale Aug 3rd-6th

We were very impressed with Drift Lounge in Scottsdale, during our recent trip to Phoenix.
Great decor and excellent pu-pu's.
Definitely worth a stop on your way to TV's

Well, I made it. To and fro.
Too bad it was on Turkey day and LATE!

Sure wish I coulda used one of them. Trader Vics closed/s at 11pm and the Drift wasn't open.

Glad I brought a flask. And found my Dogfish Head as well. The mountain bike rides in Sedona were great. Too bad I miss Oak Creek Brewery. Not sure how I did though.

Pages: 1 5 replies