Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

tiki cake!!!

Pages: 1 11 replies

D

Got this cake at my birthday party. Almost 2 ft. high. Thought you'd might wanna look.

that is so cooool!

F
Fugu posted on Sun, Nov 12, 2006 7:23 PM

Is that solid cake? That's pretty impressive!

WOOOOHOOOO! That is an Incredible Edible Tiki Cake :)

D

The top third is three layers of cake. The bottom two-thirds was styrofoam. All except the top were covered in chocolate.

On 2006-11-12 18:30, hala_kahiki wrote:
that is so cooool!

It really is amazing.

Tiki Cake

looks like rolled fondant with fondant cut outs.

from a blog i read:

Look Cupcake participated in a wedding show on board the Skansonia yesterday. It was fantastic. If you're getting married in the Seattle area, you should check the boat out. It's beautiful and the staff there is wonderful!

For months I've had an idea rolling around my head for a display cake based on a tiki tattoo design. The Skansonia wedding show was the perfect excuse to create it. So, create it I did and I was THRILLED with the design. Until (dun, dun, DUUUN...) it had a little accident.

The cake took a tumble. Ruined.

Here's a picture of the scratch & dent Tiki cake. Sniffle

Make sure WooHoo and SoccerTiki see that.

L
K
KuKu posted on Mon, Mar 30, 2009 6:48 PM

WOW!!! I really like the one with the torches. The mugs were pretty cool as well. Most of the others seemed to be inspired by the plastic outdoor patio tiki string light sets...

L

Yeah even though they were done with a nod to the plastic Party City tikis I have to say that maybe in a brown/tan color scheme that they would look a lot less "Made In China" and more traditional.

Regardless it made me hungry for cake!

I would like to see pics of your cake when you do it, leleliz!

Pages: 1 11 replies