Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Are these people insane or what?????

Pages: 1 6 replies

Check this out...
http://www.aloha-cruz.com/tiki.htm

Are these people crazy or what???? Just check out the prices on the Harvey's mug, the Mr. Bali Hai and the Trader Vic's coconut mugs...and I thought Ebay was high-priced!!!

Just Cool,
Johntiki :drink:

I think they really do live in an alternate universe. I saw them on the A&E show "The Incurable Collector" and the guy was quoting vintage Aloha shirt prices as $100 and up.

They have been taking the piss, price-wise, for years now. What's startling is that they seem to actually sell a lot of their grossly-overpriced stock. (90% of which is very ordinary indeed)

Trader Woody

S

The joke's on us. There are a lot of "sold" items there. I love the one little koa tiki they have for $95. We got that 4 inch mass produced thing in a lot for $10 recently. Passed up a bunch of crap they would have sold on there for $40-80.

I'll gladly be a buyer for them at say, 30% of their sale price...

M

Aloha Cruz? Ha ha ha, don't get me started. Next someone will ask about Tiki Trader in Ventura.

I check his site to see the funny prices and laugh, then I laugh even more when I see a "sold" next to something. If one is to believe he sells things for anything near those joke prices.

Actually, some vintage Aloha Shirts can go for several hundred dollars. The vast majority of his stuff is so overpriced I half check to see if the dceimalpoint is not misplaced or he transactions are in Mexican Peso.

F

you want high prices on aloha shirts? try bailey's in Waikiki. $1000's, not $100's.

M

fatuhiva wrote:
you want high prices on aloha shirts? try bailey's in Waikiki. $1000's, not $100's.

Yep, have seen some of them. I recall the version of the shirt Clift wore in "...Eternity" goes for several thousand. If he had only been holding a Tiki mug when he died!

midnite

Pages: 1 6 replies