Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Finished tiki

Pages: 1 9 replies

well here's the latest one , my 3rd palm trunk and I suppose it's done at this point . I want to seal it maybe . . . we'll see . Anyhow what do you think ? I'm pretty happy with it . All the info shared at the S.D. tiki carving seminar payed off I guess :)

It's really nice, love the way you left the top and bottom natural! great job

amy

M

Looks great! Did you stain it or just the burning? I like the hands, and I like how the nose turned out. I have trouble with noses. :)

I like it too. It looks good guarding the deck.

Thanks , the nose is a little off if you look at it straight on , but hey :) I'm still trying to get the hands down , they look okay , but not " right " , I don't know . It was fun though , and I'm deffinatley getting the feel for it .

It isn't stained , but it sat out in the rain last night . . . so it got a little dark . I used a propane torch to darken the cuts in it and then sanded it a little to get it lighter on the highspots . just standard cave man shit here :)

I just need a good local place to get palm trunks now . My tree trimmer guy is AWOL and I don't have any good leads .

B

M-Stobbe, that tiki is really very good. I Love how you have the hands. Nice work, looks like Something soaked in!

Thanks Ben . . . I try to talk less and listen more when people who know more than me are talking about things .

S

supair cooool! you are thee tiki designer out of 619er. i ll be cruizin over for a carve sesh! yeebra!

Hey..that tiki looks awesome, I like the hands, different from others..maybe that could be your "style". Great job!!!

J

On 2006-11-15 09:13, mike-stobbe wrote:
All the info shared at the S.D. tiki carving seminar payed off I guess :)

And you are a quick learner. Looks great.

Pages: 1 9 replies