Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

easter island tiki mosaic

Pages: 1 1 replies

J

Hi All, I am the guy with the easter Island Mosaic up for sale on Ebay and Craigslist...When I first researched the item I saw that one sold for $3200 and thought that for something close to that I could part with it, it really is my favorite piece. I have been collecting tikis since age 10, and have had quite an extensive collection. When I moved out of my parents house I gave away most of my favorites (which are still hanging on close friends walls) one and sold many of the others at a garage sale...In the past 5 years or so, I started collecting again and was pleased to find this Easter Island Mosaic a few years back, it has been the topic of much conversation, and looks incredible at night with the track lighting and cheesy chritmas lights that i a sloppily hung around the frame...I now see that the same mosaic that supposedly sold on firtsdibs is now on sale for $7200, I have read all the post and see that it is from some shop that caters to the well-to-do....

Well I just thought I would throw my 2cents in...I do have a story about my favorite mask, one I picked when I was just a kid, not a big collector piece but it is my favorite mask...it is marked on back "I Maran Fiji Islands"....I have always been one to give away almost anything a friend showed interest in, well I took a trip to oregon years ago, and gave my friend this mask...it started bothering me on the way home, and by the end of the week I couln't stand it I had to have it back, I gathered up some other mask, drove back to oregon...gave them the other mask (which were actually better) and got my favorite back, I couldn't be without it and will never part with it. Wierd uh!! i don't think i paid more than 3-4$ for it. I told my firend I couldn't live without it..thats the only time i have ever been an indian giver that i can think of.

As far as the mosaic goes, not sure what price is appropriate, I am not out to gouge anyone, I would like to see it go to someone who collects tikis and who will chersh it as much as I do....

The main reson I am selling this piece is I can really use the money, have to move in a few weeks, and it was unexpected.. I live above the restaurant where I have worked the past 14 years....the restaurant just sold after 79 years in business ( it hought I'd be here forever)..Seaside Place in Pacifica Ca, Rockaway Beach...Name of the Restaurant is Nick's..I am selling off most everything I have

J

here are a few of my tikis that i thought i'd share with you all, by the way I really like this sight
didn't know there was anything out there like it..last pic is of my favorite mask, then a picture of the view I am regrettably leaving, picture taken from my kitchen window at sunset
Jim

Pages: 1 1 replies