Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

And her hair was perfect -Trader Vic's Bevery Hills 11-2006

Pages: 1 15 replies

O

Last week Mr. & Mrs Von Tiki and myself decided to go to Trader Vic's for drinks and appetizers before going to the Doors 40th at the Whiskey a Go Go. I have never seen the bar so packed in the middle of the week but the three tables straight ahead were vacant and reserved. They sit us in the formal dining room full of Armani and Chanel and there we are in our Tiki shirts but it was cool. Von's tapa shirt matched the walls.

We were enjoying the appetizer assortment and Mai Tai's in the dining room and met Johnson the matre d who has been there since the early days. Apparently the new owner is getting flack from the locals and according to Johnson there is at least a five year extension and possibly a permanent one. It seems local residents opposed have some clout and may be able to save Trader Vic’s after all.
When we were leaving an hour later, I noticed that the three table section was still empty when a large party breezed in with Paris Hilton in the middle and sat in the empty section. Guess you have to be on the A list to sit there. Anyone know if there is any truth to this extension or is it wishfull thinking?

[ Edited by: Ojaitimo 2006-11-17 22:31 ]

That is wishful thinking that sounds possible...after the shock of the Islands, even only a five year extension, even if it turns out to be just a rumor, is a spark of positive energy. Thank You.

So how was the Doors gig??

Paris Hilton seems to have a thing for Tiki Bars it seems.... she was dancing on the tables at Mahiki on Wednesday night.

U

She LIVES on top of tables. Someone please show her what a chair is for.

CL

The question is, did she lose her top again? She used to have trouble with her shirts falling down mid table dance. I think she must be using double stick tape at this point.

Very cool though that someone who is relatively high profile frequents Vics. Perhaps that'll help bring even more attention to the venue and perhaps help overall in the long run -- if the rumor of reprieve is true.

If anyone is interested in trying to save Trader Vic's and other locations like it maybe you would like to read the following thread and get involved.

I took this straight from Trader Vic's website:
A Brief History of Trader Vic's
1955 Trader Vic's Beverly Hills opens

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=21792&forum=1&21

H

I hate to tell you but I am not sure she goes to T.V. because she actually likes the place. I have been there where she comes in , the bartender knows what she likes,( not tropical) she gets her drink gulps it down and goes out. She doesn't pay a penny. I guess Hilton hotels pay for her. I have also seen her entire family there.

O

On 2006-11-16 20:52, RevBambooBen wrote:
So how was the Doors gig??

Well when we got to the Whiskey the line was around the block so we didn't get in but we did hear part of the gig from Sunset. Didn't think that many people remembered the Doors. The guy singing lead sounded like Jim Morrison and it was quite a scene. I have some pictures that I can post if anyones interested.

V

Trader Vics makes a mean Mai Tai, no question about it, but Ojaitimo boasted his were better.
Dr. Shocker and I were there over the weekend and I'll be damned, They were better.
Thanks Ojaitimo!
Paris can come to my home tiki bar anytime for free drinks!!

Pictures...
yes, please!
:D

O

Thanks Von, my Mai Tai recipe is from the Grog log and according to Doc Shocker, the Trader Vic's Mai Tai is from their mix and unless you request the original,thats what they serve. That was news to me, now I have to try the original and see how it compares to Beachbum Berrys. I'm willing to bet that anyone in Paris's group would get a real Mai Tai.

[ Edited by: Ojaitimo 2006-11-21 21:06 ]

O

In the news today

Celebrity heiress Paris Hilton has been released from jail after serving just three full days of her sentence.
But the 26-year-old will be kept under house arrest and must wear an electronic tag for another 40 days.
The decision was made as a result of a medical problem, but officials refused to give details of the condition.
When Hilton was originally sentenced to 45 days for violating probation on a drink-driving conviction, she was told there was no prospect of early release.
But the sentence was later cut in half after being given credit for good behaviour.
Hilton has now been "reassigned" to house arrest 20 days before her revised jail term was due to end.
'Privacy reasons'
Steve Whitmore of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department said: "After extensive consultation with medical personnel, it was decided this reassignment should be done."
The Simple Life star would be "confined to her home", must wear an ankle bracelet and would not be allowed out for parties or social functions, he told reporters.

O

and today

The same day Paris was released from prison, Los Angeles City Attorney Rocky Delgadillo and Judge Michael Sauer ordered Hilton back to court on the morning of June 8, 2007. Hilton's court appearance is scheduled for 9:00 am PDT. Hilton may be sentenced back to jail to serve the remainder of her sentence.

While Hilton has been quoted as saying that she is the "iconic blonde of the decade"' and comparing herself to Princess Diana and Marilyn Monroe (a claim she later denied in the May 2007 issue of Harper's Bazaar),[45] she will reportedly appear in the 2007 Guinness World Records as the world's "Most Overrated Celebrity".[46] In a poll conducted by the Associated Press and AOL, Hilton was voted the second "Worst Celebrity Role Model of 2006", behind Britney Spears.[47] Critics have alleged that Hilton epitomizes the title of famous for being famous; echoing that sentiment, the Associated Press conducted what they called an experiment in late February 2007, trying not to report on Hilton for a whole week.[48]
On May 11, 2007, a statue by Daniel Edwards entitled Paris Hilton Autopsy was revealed at Capla Kesting Fine Art in New York featuring her dead, naked, and with her legs spread. The sculpture is aimed at stopping young women from drinking and driving.[49]
In the South Park episode titled "Stupid Spoiled Whore Video Playset," Paris shows up in South Park to open a new store and attempts to purchase Butters after her dog Tinkerbell commits suicide.

O
T

For the love of Tiki, NO MORE PARIS TALK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mahalo,
Tikitatt

Pages: 1 15 replies