Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

eBay: Does Everyone Have Their Own Tiki Takeout Bird Feeder?

Pages: 1 8 replies

Or, does anyone???

This is a hoot.... It comes with its own Tiki Man Pager!!!! I'm sure you could use it for something other than feeding the birds!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160052932444

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2006-11-16 18:53 ]

Just a word of caution to all Tiki addicts (like me!) that have to get anything Tiki out there:
There is a thread up for this already from last year, and I gave some away as Christmas presents...only to be embarrassed about it, because I found that they are just a bunch of plastic junk that doesn't work. Nice concept, and maybe if they WOULD work, they would be funny, but to me, not worth the money.

On 2006-11-16 21:19, bigbrotiki wrote:
Just a word of caution to all Tiki addicts (like me!) that have to get anything Tiki out there:
There is a thread up for this already from last year, and I gave some away as Christmas presents...only to be embarrassed about it, because I found that they are just a bunch of plastic junk that doesn't work. Nice concept, and maybe if they WOULD work, they would be funny, but to me, not worth the money.

Good Point! I'll put some batteries in and give it a "test-motion/page"!

Part of the Big Lots TIKI PARTY line (something like $3 at the summer-end blowout). Doesn't work; don't waste your money (not even at $3- well, maybe, if you know someone who can Binford3000 it).

Now if Ben built one and hung a budweiser can with a coin in it from it (motion sensor!), I'd buy one for sure!

We actually bought one of those, from Target I think was. We opened it up and tried out the motion sensor and it seemed to work OK (at close range). I never got around to sticking it anywhere, well other than the closet.

It'd be funny to take it apart and use the sensor on something else.

OK I just dug it outta the closet, and the motion sensor tiki works only when I point the sensor tiki eyes right at my eyes...creepy. Simulating bird activity on the barstools...nothing.

OK it's possessed. So it no longer works when I point it at my eyes. Now it only works when I point it at my girlfriend!? I point it at her...it goes off. I wiggle my fingers around on the barstools, shake it, point it at me, nothing! Point it at my girlfriend, it works! No joke it did this 4 times in a row...

There are good for a few laughs...

-Aloha John

OH!! No wonder it doesn't work for me. I don't have a girlfriend!

I

I received a bird feeder for my birthday but still haven't tried it out. Thanks for the tips. I'll be sure to check it out.

On 2006-11-17 18:19, Aloha John wrote:
We actually bought one of those, from Target I think was. We opened it up and tried out the motion sensor and it seemed to work OK (at close range). I never got around to sticking it anywhere, well other than the closet.

It'd be funny to take it apart and use the sensor on something else.

OK I just dug it outta the closet, and the motion sensor tiki works only when I point the sensor tiki eyes right at my eyes...creepy. Simulating bird activity on the barstools...nothing.

OK it's possessed. So it no longer works when I point it at my eyes. Now it only works when I point it at my girlfriend!? I point it at her...it goes off. I wiggle my fingers around on the barstools, shake it, point it at me, nothing! Point it at my girlfriend, it works! No joke it did this 4 times in a row...

There are good for a few laughs...

-Aloha John

Apparently not many eBayers out there have girlfriends!!!! Nobody bid on it! Oh well....Guess I'll have to get a girlfr.....wait! WooHoo where are you???

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2006-11-20 16:07 ]

Pages: 1 8 replies