Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Electronic Football game?

Pages: 1 8 replies

TM

I remember having a hand held football game that was electronic, during the 70's. Does anyone remember the name of this thing?

H

Good god, I was addicted to this thing:

That's the one I had, the picture comes from this photo set on Flickr, posted by Petromyzon:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/petromyzon/sets/538195/

I keep an original one of those in my desk here at work. Doctor Z has one as well. (One of the benefits of going garage-saling every weekend). The distinctive beeps bring anyone who was a teen in the late 70s running to see it.

Sabu

P

I'd rather play the Electric football that vibrated around in no particular order.

They bounced around like morons and couldn't be controlled and took forever to set up and we lost players and there was never a clear victor and we got angry and frustrated and we LIKED IT.

But I did rock on the electronic red line thing game.

F

I've seen the newer version( pretty much the same game) on sale at Target. I'm pretty tempted to pick one up soon.

I loved that game! If you can get all the other players (dots) to move to the bottom part of the screen you can zip across the top for a touchdown every time!

Pablus, I would play with my vibrating electric football game for hours. I even ordered teams in real NFL colors. They always got stepped on and lost. My game even had a little field goal kicker that would "kick" tiny foam pieces like a football. They never even came close to going through the uprights. But we had a blast playing it! Can you even imagine a kid nowadays playing with one of those?

That had to have been one of the funnest, most addicting games ever. I saw one of those at a friends house about two years ago and immediately started playing it. I'm happy to report that is was still the funnest, most addicting game ever.

TM

That's it! Thanks Humu!

On 2006-11-17 21:38, pablus wrote:

I'd rather play the Electric football that vibrated around in no particular order.

They bounced around like morons and couldn't be controlled and took forever to set up and we lost players and there was never a clear victor and we got angry and frustrated and we LIKED IT.

"As any sports-loving male over 40 can attest, electric football may be the worst board game ever invented. Imagine the real 49ers playing the real Raiders after each side got off the Tilt-A-Whirl."
--Joel Davis, Sacramento Business Journal, October 25, 2004

http://www.kshs.org/cool3/footballgame.htm

[ Edited by: King Bushwich the 33rd 2006-11-20 09:40 ]

Pages: 1 8 replies