10X6.5"
NFS

http://www.kooch-e-koo.com

[ Edited by: kooche 2006-11-21 09:52 ]

K

absolutly brilliant..

LoVe iT!... the name HiPhiPaHuLA would have worked well too .... :D

K

thanks for the kind words - if only you couls see the pinks like they exist in person - oh well!

the name is meant to sound like a laugh

giclee prints of this image forthcoming for the holidays

10 augmented retouched artist proofs
50 giclees

Beautiful!!! that eye is mesmerizing. Love the sea lion too. I think what I like best about your paintings, aside from the crazy color combinations that really play well of each other, are the expressions of your characters - both forground and background. Dig it!!!

are you showing your new stuff anywhere?

K

i am in a show in Feb in LA - Tenacious D tribute show - can't wait
a massive inaugural group show in Denver Colorado at the Limited Addiction Gallery in Feb
i have a one man show, "California" in LA at the La Luz de Jesus Gallery in Sept 07 - in the middle of it now and loving it!
i just booked another one man show in SF at the Shooting Gallery - theme being musician portrature - going to ROCK!

SO busy and SO happy about it!!!

glad you dig my stuff - i guess the incidental characters are important to me because i am a X character/environment designer - they can really make a scene sing

MG

That's rad! Nice sketch of Rob too.

This is my first post in many months... Does that make you feel special?

There's some surf down here......

K

i know there are waves man - i heard it today - some size up to 4 foot sets - i also heard from my pops who's down in cabo that therre is a storm brewing off of mexico...could mean something significant is coming our way!!! i hope so!

ok man - soon!

T

Depending how you look at it, you could say that when you look into her eye, you can see right throught her head. She's got some hips for baby making and shaking.

Miles, when are you ever going to make art that I don't like?

kooche, you're awesome!

K

thanks! it's so nice to hear on a morning when i'm waking up feeling like total cow patty - sore throat - runny nose - aches - whatever crud my little girl has had for the last few days i fanally got - DAMN IT!!!

the idea behind the hole in her eye was that it either is a reflection of the sun in the sky or that she IS the sun - glad you like the visual! i'll post the rough drawing later (at the risk of making you think that this painting could have been more than it turned out to be) - i think the sun works better as a line drawing - you'll see

thanks again TC!

F

MIle, the painting is great. I wish I could harness a tenth of your talent and motivation. Of couse it's monday so I wish I could find any motivation.

S

As usual, you floor me.

Dig it all, especially the sea lion, reminds me of the old marineland of the pacific when I grew up in PV.

K

thanks again my brother!

NATURE FRIGGIN RULES!

see you in 6 miles of beautiful chaparral!!!

K

who are these guys and where on earth ARE they???

the top image was taken the night of a tiki show/book signing at la luz - it was the night Otto's wife went into labor - i think for the second time in her life? it was also the night i secured positive grace at la luz - do i look happy?

i love Shag - i love that his paintings are unaffected by the cadre of jealous lowbrow drug ridden goth haters that are technically endowed but choose to paint barf and wonder why the public sees no forrest in their trees...i love his multiple narratives and the genius behind the simplicity in his themes and acting. it love that he is still having fun. thanks ever so much for the support and advice you and your family have offered me since 2001 - FUCK MARTY SHERMAN!

Sven - thanks for hipping me to M Covarrubias - thanks for letting me in and for the words of wisdom regarding so many colorful topics that have truly made my life easier to live - you rule

J Berry - see you in the produce aisle my friend! or where you are pictured above...time will tell!

i did my 6 mile run/walk through the hills in less than an hour this time - a first! so much ass to kick, so little time - sigh

I do Love it! and pink rules I can dig pink! I will need a giclee :) ..... Miles, will there be sales for s/n giclee edition "Volcanic Sacrifice" ??
HiphiPaHuLA!!!

K

nope - no giclees for volcanic sacrifice - sorry - if prints don't result in the LOSS of invested funds i may do one every four months but for now i'm going to keep the print run numbers small and the format small to keep the price in range of more people - not many can afford a $250 print...neither can i!

thanks for the kind words - did youw want me to reserve a print of this image for you?

aloha!

T

keep the price in range of more people . That's cool. Some of Mark Ryden prints cost more than good original art.

Hey, I was reading something, I believe it was Tikimagazine and it mentioned a book. Any word on that? I know that you got many great painting ahead of you but if Shag can do overkill on books, its time you get one. It seems like your last two paintings were some of the best with regards to size and color.

K

with regard to the publication of a book - it's something in the near future for sure. i have a one man show in 07 at La Luz, a gallery synonymous with publication - another one man show in 08 @ the Shooting Gallery which is another gallery that is also a publisher - i have tiki paintings hanging in homes all over the world and THAT makes it hard to have a book becoming a reality...had i the foresight i'd have shot every painting as i finished them but as it is there are very few photographed for print...all it takes is a slide but that means a decent photographer has to have shot it...over 75 tiki images in all, easily a book! it was my intention to have Tell Tale Tiki be published as a book - it seemed the gallery was more interested in publishing a pamphlet than an actual book - i want my paintings to be represented in print as best as possible and that means the reproduction has to be high end -if i do a book i want it to be a hardback with beautiful end-papers and great heavy bond, close ups, rough sketches - when i do prints, they have to be as good as they possibly can be and that's why i use Harvest Productions just like Ryden and Biskup and Shag - they pioneered the giclee print themselves

it's all about what i would want as a customer and that's why i don't skimp on production value - EVER - thus no book YET - very few prints - and this is also the reason i am pricing this print run so reasonably - i hope those of you that opt to pick up this print are as impressed with the quality as i am - Harvest is incredible and they never disappoint

thanks again for the interest and support!

Miles, I went to go to your website, and got the infamous "kooch-e-koo.com expired on 11/21/2006 and is pending renewal or deletion" Are you getting rid of the domain, or are you like me and forgot to renew it? If you are getting rid of it, do you have a new site? If not renew that thing before you have to spend a lot of $$ to get it back.

I made that mistake once, and it cost me a lot. There are far too many poachers out there to mess with this.

T

yeah thats strange. I was just on the site but it may have been on the 21st. The way the site is always set up, its so cool with all the moving things.

K

thanks y'all

closed down a credit card (which is a good thing - paid off!!!) and now need to open another account to associate the doman with - DUH!

thanks again!

aloha

K

K

F

Drunk monkeys make me laugh. Nice stuff, the one before it was cool in a morbid sense, but still very cool. Was this last one inspired by the Golden Globes? Seems Like something you'd see at the after party.

K

i didn't really think of it like that - though my wife went to the Universal Studios after party - she works there ... i more thought that a painting of a woman in need of a brasier, a drunk primate, and a chihuahua would spark some interest as they are all pretty important things in life

christ - i'm not so into this kind of thing but if it's there it's cool - i'm much more of a rump chump myself

Hey kooche- This is a very cool one... but were is the pantiless crotch shot that goes along with these other elements? :wink:

K

where indeed sir... that's what i want to know! i couldn't find reference on "crotchless panties" on the internet so i had to make due with a standard PG rating

The painting is just right... I'm referring to all of the celebrities (Paris, Britney, Ashley Judd, etc.) in the news lately who like to reveal their lack of panties at award shows and in cars. Seems like a few of them like to carry Chihuahuas and other small animals too...

T

This one could be Paris, same color hair, same type dog with the name Tinker(Bell).

K

yeah - i understood what you meant - bitches man - no taste whatsoever - not saying i am not a fan of having eyes but those people are not just probably the most boring friggin people in the world to talk amongst - can you imagine the gossamer wings that their tongues fly on when they meet someone who they are actually attracted to?

pedestrians RULE!

Kooche, Wow! Congrats on all the up coming shows! That's fantastic! You are hot and getting hotter! Your images are intense, powerful, full of energy and full of fun! Yet also stepping to the dark side with a maniacal glee - OLE! I'm so impressed with your sense of quality I'm going to look into Harvest for my first prints. (if I get there) and I'll heed your warning about getting good photos... so pesky those things! The lost possible book of the first 75 tiki images is a bit heart wrenching. You're right. You have to do it right. Shag's book came out great, I could see a book of your work equally as beautiful. (And I wait it, with cash in hand.)

K

Tiki Shark

you are too too kind my friend...i am a huge fan of your work! IF YOU GET THERE? MAN YOU WERE THERE SO LONG AGO!

harvest will no stear you wrong at all. they'll do repros on canvas and it'll look just amazing. if you went BIGGER with your prints - just for fun - say you doub;ed the size you would do a backflip for them. i mean it, you'd fly out of you body. they really know how tto do what they do.

many many thanks for the kind words. i love your paintings and i love your thread!

mahalo and aloha!
Miles

Paris doesn't have melons like that tho...Nice!

K

read out of context i thougt you meant that Paris France doesn't have boobs like that - and i'm pretty sure that a city like that has all kinds of them

now that i have looked the thread over i see what we're talking about and yeah bell is in ref to PH

Uhm, I forgot to quote what I was responding to there. Sorry for the confusion and unintentionally insulting Parisian women,.

ST

K

paris hilton doesn't do a thing for me - i dig pedestrian beauties

Pages: 1 36 replies