Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

My cool Witco Birthday gift!

Pages: 1 8 replies

L
laney posted on Fri, Jan 3, 2003 8:51 PM

Today is my Birthday and I got a Witco! Actually I got the Hawaiian Islands! Well I got the Hawaiian Islands by Witco. There are 6, I'm guessing the two small islands aren't there (Niihau & Kahoolawe) but the others are easily recognizable. They each have hangers but I plan on framing them all together. I am out of wall space so I'll have to get rid of something. I could also hang them geographically correct high on the wall. Hmmmm....What a cool gift-I'm stoked! Zazzzz (hopefully I'll get around to posting some pics soon)

HH

Well Happy Birthday girlie, sounds like you got a great gift.

hapy birthday cool gifts

H

Happy birthday, you lucky duck! That sounds very swank, can't wait to see pics.

another year of collecting!, happy b-day.

L
laney posted on Sat, Jan 4, 2003 4:32 AM

The funniest thing about them is... if they weren't all together it would look like a hunk of drift wood (they look typographically correct with the burnt grain and such). I'm sure many of these Witco islands got tossed in the trash or fire for being "just a hunk of kindling" Sven, any info???? Are you still planning on a Witco book?

D

Hope you had a great day and I would love to see some pics of your gift...

This is the year of the Witco book, yes! I will get it together!
But I do not recall any Hawaiian Islands in ANY of his catalogues...it would make sense though! Do they have a "when decor becomes art" sticker? Not ALL burn-grained swamp cedar sculpts are WITCO. I will ask him next time I talk to him.

G
GECKO posted on Sun, Jan 5, 2003 9:57 PM

Congrats Laney,

Hope it is a Witco! Post a pic if you can. It sounds lovely.
Happy B-Day

Pages: 1 8 replies