Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

New Years Eve at the Aku Tiki Room in Kewanee IL

Pages: 1 15 replies

W

Come ring in the new year with the Windy City Islanders on NYE at the Aku Tiki Room at the Andris Waunee Farm Restaurant.

We are expecting a big turnout so make sure you book your hotel room (Americinn or Super 8 ) asap as rooms are filling up.

Looking forward to seeing our Midwest Tiki Central friends at our favorite tiki hangout.

Andris Waunee Farm Restaurant
in the Aku Tiki Room
2314 US Hwy 34, Kewanee Il. 61443

George

http://windycityislanders.com

11/28: PS - The restaurant/Aku Tiki Room is currently taking reservations for this event. They ask that those planning to come make reservations as they do not want to disappoint anyone. Please contact the restaurant at 309-852-2481 for reservations.

[ Edited by: wgk001 2006-11-28 18:04 ]

Should be fun! Great place and great music!

brilliant!! let's divide the already shrinking northern illinois tiki community by having two conflicting new's years parties for the same area.....this way, both parties suffer losses in body count and both establishments suffer in terms of revenue....next time someone approaches these venues to have a tiki event they are going to remember the lousy turn out and maybe reconsider.....if we are going to get venues to support tiki events on a regular basis we need to turn out in droves to show them that more than just a scant handful of hawaiian shirt clad nut jobs are into this stuff and that it's lucrative for these businesses to support the scene....we spread ourselves so thin and before you know it, places start forgetting about us ....so now we can choose between aku tiki room and chef shangri-la for new years...nice work.

W

Geez,

First, I don't see any post regarding Chef Shangri-la on NYE.

Secondly, I think it is great that there is more than one tiki forum in the midwest to choose from. I don't think you would expect or want all but one to shutter their doors on NYE so that there is no choice. What about all our friends in Eastern Iowa/Missouri and Western IL who don't want to drive all the way to Chicago on NYE?

Maybe all the rest of the Tiki establishments in the midwest should just shut down for good except one. Then we could all go there every weekend. The owner would be very happy and we would have one great place to go to forever.

Hang loose! It's all good! I think there are enough of us left to fill a few establishments.

Am I wrong?

George

[ Edited by: wgk001 2006-11-20 22:27 ]

[ Edited by: wgk001 2006-11-20 22:33 ]

IZ

Hey George,

Loved the last show at Aku! You guys were a blast.

I think there'll be a Minneapolis group coming down to Aku on NYE, but still not sure yet. Let's hope. We had a great time when we came down over Labor Day.

One thing I do know: how much longer can I go without one of those fabulous drinks made by Tom!

~glen

[ Edited by: I, Zombie 2006-11-21 06:51 ]

Tipsy, Dont worry about Tiki Terrace promoting our NYE event here. I would hate to see Tiki Terrace provide another option for the TC folks.

But I will say to you George... way to go on the gig! Its a great place I hear, and I hope the place is filled to the gills. I hope Chef does a record breaking new year! Expecting HK to have lines out the door, and I certainly hope that our little place does ok too.

George, my experience with you is from the other side of the mic. we are always very happy with you and Windy City Islanders! I know you have helped our place many times with your entertainment, promoting to friends/family, posts on TC, sacrifices you have made for us, etc. You have definitely helped us a lot as a new business and I'm sure that Aku appreciates you guys in the same way. My experience with you has been true Aloha, and I am glad to see you doing the same for Aku.

Aloha and have a great time this New Years Eve no matter where you go!

Scott

W

Scott,

As you know, it is always a pleasure playing at the TT. Our favorite hangout! You guys are the best. We are so happy that you guys marked your first anniversary, and I hope to be playing there until I am a tutu man.

Glen,

Hope the Minnesota gang makes it. We have a ways to go to make it to the bottom of that drink menu we started on last time, but by gosh, I certainly will make an attempt.

George

W

The restaurant/Aku Tiki Room is currently taking reservations for this event.

Carol asks that those planning to come make reservations as they do not want to disappoint anyone.

Please contact the restaurant at 309-852-2481 for reservations.

does anyone know the numbers for the hotels? we'd like to go, but we need to see if we can find a "dog friendly" hotel. also, anyone know if the reservations are booked up already? mahalo in advance!

On 2006-12-22 11:07, hala bullhiki wrote:
does anyone know the numbers for the hotels? we'd like to go, but we need to see if we can find a "dog friendly" hotel. also, anyone know if the reservations are booked up already? mahalo in advance!

Hey man-

There are a couple of hotels in Kewanee:

AmericInn: 309/856-7200 and
Super 8: 309/853-8800

I have stayed at neither (I know others here have), but the AmericInn came more highly recommended. I do not know if they allow pets.

There is also a bed & breakfast in the Good's Furniture store.

Have a blast!

well , the super 8 is pet friendly, so things are lookin good so far!

T

Woohoo! Just found out I can make the Aku Tiki. This will be my 1st visit. I can't wait. See you there.

W

I am posting from the AmericInn lobby now. It is a very nice place. About one year old. Great pool and jacuzzi. We have also stayed at the Super 8. Also a good hotel.

Weather is going to be a balmy 53 today here in Kewanee. Perfect "island" weather.

See you all there tonight. We will start to play at 9PM and go on 'til whenever (maybe when the cows wake up?).

George

well, i hope you all have a fun new years at the aku tiki room, me and the wife wont be making it now, as we've both gotten sick over the last several days with miserable colds. have a drink for us, and happy new years to you all

Pictures! We need Pictures!

I expect it was a great time, Carol is a wonderful Hostess and the Ahu Tiki Room is a Tikiphile's wet dream in the middle of an Illinois corn field.

T

Sorry it took so long. Here are a few shots.

The entrance.

Windy City Islanders with special guest(George's daughter).

Some rowdies that were tearing the place up.

C10(on bass) and ultimate party girl Dawn.

I thought I had taken more than this but someone kept shoving drinks at me.

Pages: 1 15 replies