Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

My dog ate my (tiki) homework...honest..

Pages: 1 6 replies

I haven't been able to work on my tiki's from the oki oki until just recently. i had literally just returned from osh with some new stain for my benzart lesson when i found this...

sorry the images aren't very clear. these were my first tiki's let alone half of my first benzart tiki, so i really wanted to keep these so i can track my progress. i plan on gluing some new basswood to the damaged parts and re carve them.... has anyone ever tried that? it seems like it would work it's just a pia....
anyway, i plan on getting on the large tiki after the holiday, i just have to finish an outdoor bbq i've been working on. here's where i'm at with that, it's basically the same as it was in class.

(that's our bbq in the background)
i've been chomping at the bit to get the chisels back in my hand. i will update you on the progress.

thanx again ben, diablo, and bosko and my fellow oki oki classmates you all are truely inspirational. there are still a few of you that haven't posted picks of your tiki's, there was a lot of quality work done in class and i'd love to see the finished works...

mahalo,
TikiKirby

I

Sounds like a smart dog ----- he wants to be a tiki carver too. Perhaps someone can come up with a pair of chisels specifically designed to fit in his paws.

It might be fun to keep that tiki around for many years, especially if your dog is a truly loved family member -- then you could admire his handicraft long after he has passed away.

Vern

T

Me thinks the doggie wus trying to dust the table !!!!!!

M
Moki posted on Mon, Nov 20, 2006 8:23 AM

They look great but DANG!!

I'd be so upset with the dog. But then again, that is what dogs do. The anger goes away and you love them anyway. Good luck and show us the finished progect. Chews and all. :wink:

B

Hey Kirby, looks like you were doin a great job on it too!

Your dog is a surgeon! he gave your tiki a lobotomy! I say, keep the war wound on the tiki (and out of reach of your poochie) stain it and enjoy it. Adds "character" and a nice story to tell.

Great looking tikis, you've got a knack for carving

Show more of that tiki room lamp!!!!!!!! it looks awesome!!!!!

M
mieko posted on Tue, Nov 21, 2006 1:53 PM

I see how it works... Get a dog, blame it for any mistakes on your tiki carving....

Just Kidding! That really is a bummer, I hope the glue works out for you. I really love the big tiki you did, I really love the design and I think you did a good job on it. I remember looking at it during the Oki Oki and liking how it was coming out. Can't wait to do a similar one myself.

Pages: 1 6 replies