Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

palm trunks in san diego ?

Pages: 1 11 replies

Is there a good source that we need to know about . anyone have a pile laying around that they want to thin out . . . any trees that have been cut down on the side of the highway that need a late night chainsaw session ?!?!?

Hit the "search" button and then type in "logs"
Maybe something like this will come up:

Where were you when I couldn't give logs away?

We should probably organize a San Diego log run, where we all meet somewhere and caravan to the log piles I have. All you can haul...
Buzzy

shit , I did do the search but typed in " palm trunks " or something . . . a local log jam would be nice . I could use a few 1/2 dozen or so . If we can scare up a few more people , let's do it .

come to think of it . . .let me know where you have all those babies stashed . I can speak for 3 people that I know personaly and could have 2 trucks ready to go by the weekend .

[ Edited by: mike-stobbe 2006-11-20 14:34 ]

M
mieko posted on Mon, Nov 20, 2006 3:12 PM

Wow Buzzy, I think we're gonna make a pretty good dent in your stash this week. :)

I think meeting in Vista would be great, if someone can help me load, I'll just borrow my dad's truck, and I won't have to worry about him having a heart attack if he helps me.

Friday this week is pretty good for me, Saturday would be ok, and Sunday I'd want to be home by 12:30 for the Charger Game.
I'll get Tikidav involved in this thread, and see if he can bring some trunks to my house as well so we'll be set for the carve party.

Mieko

I live in Vista....

Let me know how I can participate/help.

PM me...

Heck if Im at home stop by ....

B

:o Holy Guacamole! :o We gotta go get those things before they get disappeared!

This Saturday is good for me. Somebody lemme know!

B

Hey Buzzy and All,

I would sure love to get my hands on a few of these if possible too? I post up in Lemon Grove. I have a Tundra (and possibly an 18' car hauler) with which to help.

Problem though...I fly out on Thanksgiving to return late Monday. Any chance I could help someone else who could in turn lend me a hand either before or after this weekend?

This is really cool of you Buzzy!

Babalu

B

Then are we taking these logs somewhere to be stored for later so they can dry out? Where are we taking them?
Where are the logs for the party?
Do they need to be transported ahead of time?

I'm sorry if this was already discussed, but I think maybe I fell out of the loop somewhere!

:-?

I'm good for saturday as well . . . morning ? early afternoon ? whenever is convienient ?

On 2006-11-21 08:53, Tikidav wrote:
1 Then are we taking these logs somewhere to be stored for later so they can dry out?
2 Where are we taking them?
3 Where are the logs for the party?
4 Do they need to be transported ahead of time?

1 You are basically taking the logs for your own use. I'm going to point to the pile and say, "Take whatever you want." The pile is fine where it is, so we are just taking what you want to use for your own use.
2 Did you clear out your side yard yet? After we have enough for the party, they go where they are needed. Hopefully to a good home, with a friendly carver who wants to free all those tikis trapped in the wood.
3 We will be getting the logs for the party when we all go to get our truckloads of logs. I thought this might be better for people who wanted more than 1 log. I plan on filling my truck up with the older logs at the small pile for the party, and i was hoping that others could bring 1 log, if needed, from your truckload to help the common cause. It sounds like Mieko and I can manage to get enough for the party and her needs, I was just opening this up so we could all get 4-5 logs each, for after the party. It's just good timimg to do this now, because we all are getting together, and we can all help each other out, and all get enough logs for party and personal use.
4 We are probably going to do this on Saturday.

ATTENTION Log Getters:

How is Saturday for getting the logs?
Maybe meet at the IHOP off sycamore at 10:30? 11:00?

Each pile is about 1-2 miles from the IHOP, in opposite directions

First I'll drive out to the big pile and anyone who wants those can load up. Then I'll take someone else out to the older pile to get the stuff for the party. I can probably carry 4-5 in my truck, so I'll probably just need one person to go out there with me, while everyone else is loading up with their own logs at the big pile.

Let me know
Buzzy

Let's continue the log discussion over in events, under the Sandiego Chop chop thread.

No more Forum tennis...

Buzzy

where are the trunks/stumps?? Anyone who finds stumps missing crowns - advise of location.

guerrilla art pieces to save the palm skyline or individual tree or palm colonades. Movement to create conscious respect for thinking before more TreeTikis are unleashed.

mahalo,
eileen
the TreeTiki wahine

Pages: 1 11 replies