Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Who has extra/duplicate Albums to sell?

Pages: 1 8 replies

Many of you know that I have been designing and manufacturing album cover frames for a few months now.

There are many of us that have album collections at home and thus have ready made artwork to place in these frames.

Im sure there are some who do not have their own copy of Quiet Village, or Sacre du Savage, just yet.

I am asking to purchase duplicates you have or albums you are no longer interested in owning. The condition of the record is irrelevant but the jacket is of some importance.

I can offer a straight up purchase or I can trade you album cover frames if you like.

The terms of the exchange will be determined on the desireability and condition of the trade. Im looking for the standard tiki music fare.

Exotica (Denny, Baxter, Lyman, Webley Edwards, Colon, Sumac etc)

Hapa Haole (Hilo Hattie, Alfred Apaka, Covers with hula girls and cool fonts)

Campy/Lounge (Don Ho, Blue Hawaii, etc)

Please PM or email me if you are interested.

Then I can offer some album frames with albums actually in them. Ready to hang !!!!

[ Edited by: Monkeyman 2006-11-20 14:20 ]

[ Edited by: bongofury 2006-11-20 16:57 ]

I have an inventory of album cover frames now that I can trade for albums.

I can also pay for them if you dont need any frames.

Please let me know.

I am looking for most of the really common exotica and hapa haole covers that are fairly easy to find and often the collectors have multiples of them.

Any of the Martin Denny, Augie Colon, Les Baxter, Yma Sumac and that genre.

Any Hapa Haole albums with flowers, tikis, or huts on the covers.

Nothing super high end or expensive... just run of the mill stuff with covers that are in decent condition.

Thanks

make me an offer i can't refuse!!!

here's what i was about to put on ebay...until i saw your thread.

all are in decent shape for framing..the 2 older ones at the top probably won't work for you, but you have your choice of the others...let me know via p.m.

Derek,

Have you considered doing a smaller size for 78s?

I would just recommend that the buyer matte into the smaller size.

Derek,

I've got a load of what you're looking for. I'll entertain any reasonable offer or trade. You can check 'em out here http://www.velvetglass.com/music/records.html

Same offer goes for anyone else who wants some frameable albums to match up with MM's frames.

No reasonable offer refused. PM if interested....

thanks to those that have responded thus far.

Im still in the market for more...

will pay $$ or trade frames for what you've got.

i usually don't go through the album bins when i am thrifting, but i will keep an eye out from now on......i'll try and find you some top npotch rare and groovy stuff with the awesome photos on the jacket for your frames...

Pages: 1 8 replies