Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Tiki cross-stitch

Pages: 1 13 replies

My wife, who cross stitches (very slowly) says she will do a tiki for me (and the bar)if I provide her with a pattern. I could get out the graph paper and try to create something. This would be the pure thing to do. But I was wondering if anyone had something already to go. How about it?

H

I'm pretty sure there are shareware programs that'll create cross-stitch patterns for you based on an image you load. That could be ideal since it'll provide your wife with clear symbols and maybe even floss #s. It's been a long time since I've looked, but I'm pretty sure they're out there.

H

This looks like a good bet -- 30 day free trial with full functionality:

http://x-stitching.com/about.htm

M

Humuhumu,
Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out tomorrow when I'm a bit sharper. Hey, is this Northwest rain about driving you up the wall?

H

On 2003-01-04 01:04, mrtikibar wrote:
Hey, is this Northwest rain about driving you up the wall?

Not yet... I'm a native -- the only time the rain got to me was a few years back when we had 96 days of rain in a row. The wind is making me crazy, though, we're on top of a hill and when it's windy, all the windows rattle. One of these days a tree is gonna crash into the house. Last night a tree came down on one of my coworker's cars. They're out to get us!

M

Hell, I'm a native. Actually, the rain doesn't get to me. It's when you go about three weeks straight without seeing the sun. That is hard.
Humuhumu, if you live on a hill you might want to check out the beyond tiki thread "jet-age homes" (or something like that.)

That's why I left my hometown of Hamburg, a lovely place, but climate-wise the Seattle of Germany: Always rainy AND windy, so the saying there is "Here it rains up your pants".

H

On 2003-01-04 16:36, bigbrotiki wrote:
"Here it rains up your pants"

Hee hee hee! What is it about the word "pants" that makes it so funny?

Z
Zeta posted on Tue, Mar 17, 2009 5:17 AM

Aloha friends!
I found this in an old Mexican magazine, the company still sell the pattern and the material to do it for 15$ dollars.

Notice the dog Tiki next to Betty Boop. (What's the name of Betty's dog?)
Who wants one?

That is a really lovely image! The colors, especially the hibiscus flowers, are dead-on period. The dog was Pudgy,I believe. Funny Pudgy totem-tiki...

8T

Here's a needle point pillow I found back in 2005. It measures 9" x 7".
It has no label so I don't know if it was made commercially or was a hobby kit. Maybe someone else has one and knows the answer.

N
nuKKe posted on Fri, Mar 20, 2009 8:05 AM

Sublime Stitching sells quite simple patterns that provide nice embellishments for towels and the likes. Here's a link for their tiki sheet:
http://www.sublimestitching.com/tikifreak.html

[ Edited by: nuKKe 2009-03-21 04:34 ]

M

On 2009-03-20 08:05, nuKKe wrote:
Sublime Stitching sells quite simple patterns that provide nice embellishments towels and the likes. Here's a link for their tiki sheet:
http://www.sublimestitching.com/tikifreak.html

And the Sublime patterns are SUPER easy. I did a series of bar towels for a friend using their tiki patterns a few years ago and STILL get compliments on them.

Those are fabulous! I need another crafting project like I need another hole in the head, but I may not be able to resist...

Pages: 1 13 replies