Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

5th Annual Holiday Giveaway-Contest-Winners Announced

Pages: 1 17 replies

I have not had time to post much, and this will probably be the final holiday contest. That being said, this will be open to everyone including past winners. These may also be more difficult to solve, but the gifts for the winners will be somewhat better. Here we go......the first set of clues.

Each image is from a different movie.

this could happen if you talk too much.

the headhunter.

wahine with wall hanger.

suffering bastards.

who's the boss.

Bonus if you can guess this TV series.

Please post answers here, but only 1 post per set of clues. If you post more than once (per set of clues), you will be disqualified. I will add clues over the next couple of weeks. I'm not sure if anyone can answer all 6 so I will award prizes to the first 6 TCers with the most correct answers. Contest will end December 15th.

Good luck and happy holidays

[ Edited by: bongofury 2006-11-27 07:36 ]

[ Edited by: bongofury 2006-12-16 11:08 ]

TS

Ok, I'm not sure what the actual contest is about? I wont post until i know what you are looking for...ex, (one of)the titles of the movie stills? or something they all have in common such as actors or whatnot? I have the answer to the "headhunter" if you are looking for movie titles as well as the "bonus tv series"...

[ Edited by: Tom Slick 2006-11-25 22:10 ]

T

That's easy, Fox TV 'Married With Children'

Has anybody ever seen Al Bundy and Bamboo Ben in the in the same room?

I forgot that small detail..... same as previous contests. Guess the title of the five movies and one TV series that the images are from.

[ Edited by: bongofury 2006-11-26 07:47 ]

Are these all from different movies? I think I figured a couple of 'em out.

2.The Four Skulls of Jonathan Drake
4.Voodoo island?
Bonus 6. The Hawaiian Eye?
if i did this wrong, pm me and I'll throw an edit on this reply.....

B

First movie is from 1933

Second from 1959

Third from 1950

Fourth from 1957

Fifth from 1952

TV series had clothing provided by Alfred Shaheen

S
  1. White Women
  2. The Four Skulls of Jonathan Drake
  3. Pagan Love Song
  4. Forbidden Island
  5. Bird of Paradise
  6. Hawaii Five-O

Probably all wrong but hey, at least I gave it a try.

1. White Women
  3. Pagan Love Song
  4. Forbidden Island
  5. Bird of Paradise
  6. Hawaiian Eye
S

Okay, another try.
I think I'm coming close with this:

1. Island of Lost Souls
  3. Forbidden Jungle
  4. Forbidden Island
  5. Bela Lugosi Meets a Brooklyn Gorilla
  6. Hawaii Five-O

My day late, dollar short effort.

1. Island of Lost souls
  2. The four skulls of Jonathan Drake
  3. Pagan Love Song
  4. Voodoo Island
    5.Bird of Paradise
  5. Hawaiian Eye

We have our winners! Good thing this is the last contest as we did not get much participation. Maybe I should have done movies that you all are more familiar with. I knew that 2 were pretty easy and available on the same dvd.

The big winner is Snackbar with 3 correct. Tom Slick, Sneakytiki, and Mr NoNaMe tied with 2 correct.

The answers are:

Murders In The Zoo
The Four Skulls Of Jonathon Drake
Forbidden Jungle
Voodoo Island
Bela Lugosi Meets A Brooklyn Gorilla

and the bonus TV show............Follow The Sun. Unfortunately the only thing cool in that episode was the sign at the entrance to the bar, but the bar itself was pretty lame. Out about the same time, but not able to compete with Hawaiian Eye. Lasted one season.

Winners please PM me with your address where I can ship your prizes. Happy Holidays!

On 2006-12-16 11:07, bongofury wrote:
and Mr NoNaMe tied with 2 correct.
Happy Holidays!

Isn't 33% an "FF"? I can't accept a prize for getting an "F". That is just too Dr. Spock.
You could just PM me the Bongwater recipe:)

On 2006-12-16 14:21, Mr. NoNaMe wrote:

and Mr NoNaMe tied with 2 correct.
Happy Holidays!

Isn't 33% an "FF"? I can't accept a prize for getting an "F". That is just too Dr. Spock.
You could just PM me the Bongwater recipe. :)

S

Good thing this is the last contest as we did not get much participation. Maybe I should have done movies that you all are more familiar with.

You probably should have, it took me about six hours of searching to come up with the answers and I'm still half right!
Anyway I'm glad I did it, I never win anything, except for last week when I won a few tiki beach balls on this very forum.

The only one that was easy to figure out was The Four Skulls of Jonathan Drake, and with the second series of pictures Bela Lugosi Meets a Brooklyn Gorilla, because of Jerry Lewis' face.

Happy Holidays to you too!

I don't have the stamina to do research. Fortunately, I found some neat stuff at Tower a week ago.

S

Today my well deserved prizes came in the mail, some assorted goodies of which my absolute favorite is an Outrigger swizzle stick.

Thank you very much Bongofury!

Pages: 1 17 replies