Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Thanks Buzzy . . .

Pages: 1 2 replies

Today was rad . . . amazing wood pile . I did this for a friend as a sort of " seminar " so he could see how the pro's do it ! ! !

It took about 4 hours because the log was soaked . . . VERY HARD to cut .

It's going to need a lot of finishing , but it looks good for now . I got an electric planer . . . it RULES . . . prepare for more tiki action in the near future . That one large log I got is taunting me ! ! !

[ Edited by: mike-stobbe 2006-11-25 23:06 ]

Damn! I think you had that finished BEFORE I even got home. Nice work. Looks like you've got the carving bug. Don't worrry: Take two more logs and call me in the morning....

BTW: What did you make today? It's already 1:16? Don't tell me you're feeling better already...

Doctor Buzzy Out!

actually I spent the better part of the day stripping a few of the logs I got from you . man , that sucks . . . . I used a machette to hack off the frond stuff , and then a draw knife to get it down nice and smooth .

The damn planer is messy and now I have 3 piles of palm shit in my tard and in my alley .

Also my friend Mikey gave me a palm trunk he had sitting in front of his house for a year or so , and it is dry as a bone , so I stripped that also . I will be working on that one while the other two dry . Oh and I also found out the my neighbor had a palm trunk laying in his yard that he was kind enough to donate to the cause . . . yeah I'm up to my eyeballs in palm trunks now ! !

stay tuned :)

Pages: 1 2 replies