Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

eBay: tiki totem carving

Pages: 1 12 replies

M

hmmm, what's the definition of "vintage" here?
Could be that it's just old and carved by somebody that doesn't carve much. If it's "porous with a lot of fibers", it's probably rotting. But if it really is "vintage" and it's "porous", it should have already disappeared completely.

T

Watch out Mr. Mojo ... the 'Kool Kids' are going to rake you over the coals !!!!

M

Where's the damned patina? It should be grey by now! Vintage schmintage. Tiki scalpers jus trying to rake someone's skull in the hype.

Mahalo

McTiki

T

Early 1800 Queen Palm Tree grown in the area Miami Dade County ... Hey MR. Mojo you have a keeper here !!!!!

F

That is quite possibly... never mind.

[ Edited by: foamy 2006-11-29 11:00 ]

B

Um, this piece actually is vintage. While perhaps not the best design, or executed with much finesse, it's a vintage Tiki. They were sold by the same company that sold the "Tiki" brand oil lamps for your yard back in the day. Somewhere on Tiki Central is a post by Basement Kahuna that shows the literature where they offered other Tiki items to decorate for your luau including this Tiki. (I tried to find the post, but was unsuccessful, maybe someone else can) We actually have a couple. One we found at a flea market, the other was a gift to us from the owner of Ciral's House of Tiki before it closed. They don't have the heavy paint, and they are full round instead of half a palm log, but they are the same simple stylized design.

-Duke

B

I found the thread, but the pictures are gone:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=6854&forum=1

I think I have the same Tiki torch brouchure around here somewhere, I'll see if I can find it.

-Duke

Well I'll be a shit covered monkey.

T

'Backfire on the 'Kool Kids', who knew !!!!

M

Teh.....(who are the "cool kids" exactly?)

Yeah, I'm with "$hit covered"

Mc out.

On 2006-11-28 20:55, TikiLaLe wrote:
Watch out Mr. Mojo ... the 'Kool Kids' are going to rake you over the coals !!!!

Mr. Mojojojojojojojo is only here for selling purposes. All 10 of his posts was to sell something. Which is OK since this is Marketplace. But, kinda crumby. He doesn't seem to have any interest in tiki other than SPAMing. At least it is spam we like. He may not know what he is selling or know how to describe it either.

I was in an antique store and one of the boothes was selling a "vintage" Tiki Farm mug for $40. It wasn't vintage nor worth $40. Yet!

[ Edited by: Mr. NoNaMe 2006-11-30 08:15 ]

Pages: 1 12 replies