Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

New carving.

Pages: 1 29 replies

R

Aloha! Here is a picture of my latest tiki. I will be showing it along with some more tiki at the 'New tiny tiki lounge' art show at Lucky Red gallery in Vancouver B.C. come check it out!

M

Welcome to TC Reid-O! Nice carve, and nice use of color too. Let us see more.

Mahalo

McTiki

T

This is an interesting piece (to me, particularly). I've studied the northwest totem poles a bit, and this carve is a melding of tiki and Native art sort of, no? I like it. Let's see more of these.

R

Hey! Thanks for the comments. I think what I was trying to go for with this tiki was a 'PoP' take on Marquesan style. I just kind of started at the top and worked my way down. I can see where you see the Native influence a bit but that must be from living here on the coast! Here's a picture of the back side. Check out more of my carvings on my site...www.tabootiki.com Mahalo!

B

Nice stuff Reid-0 and more better stuff on your web site.
WELCOME to TC, come in and stay awhile and Post more pic's.

WoW! That's fresh. Le-see some more!

Makes me hungry for chocolate for some reason. I really like it though. Brilliant!

C

Nice! It seems to has a aboriginal influence, I like the paint a lot! Congrats!

R

Here's a couple of pictures of our newest sign from Taboo Tiki...
Made for Craftsman tattoo in Vancouver!

H
hewey posted on Mon, Dec 11, 2006 5:25 PM

Nice work! Weclome to TC :)

T

that tiki is really cool! i like the dark satin & the white....it gives it a great look. that sign for the tattoo shop is awesome!! everything on it looks great!! the tiki, skulls, little float, torches, tapa, the different writing.....great job!! keep up the great work!

[ Edited by: tiki5-0 2006-12-12 08:40 ]

another canadian carver! hey man it looks great! if i could i would take a trip out to b.c. for sure. i actually used to live there. hope to see more soon

R

Aloha everyone! here's the start of my latest carving....Mahalo!

B

Looks like an Excellent start, Keep the Pix Coming!!

B

Beautiful Tangaroa.
Show us more !

Benjamin.

R
Reid-O posted on Sun, Mar 4, 2007 5:53 PM

Aloha! I recruited my Dad to help with some of the dirty work!

Here's the finished product. I was super stoked about painting this mask because I made it a real hands on and organic experience by using only my fingertips covered in paint to lay down all the design and color. Let me know what you think!

On 2007-01-26 03:10, benella wrote:
Beautiful Tangaroa.
Show us more !

Benjamin.

Agree! Beautiful !

Amy

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2007-03-05 12:52 ]

M
McTiki posted on Mon, Mar 5, 2007 2:58 PM

Dayum Reid-O! Beautiful! I love the design, the colors, and the fact that you can recruit!

Welcome to TC!

More?

Mahalo!

McTiki

H
hewey posted on Mon, Mar 5, 2007 5:30 PM

That mask looks beautiful :)

B

Cool tattoo Parlour and the Tang is Very Very Nice I Love the sharp crisp detail and the finish is Outstanding!

B
Bowana posted on Tue, Mar 6, 2007 7:51 PM

Nice work, Reid-O (and Papa Reid-O)! The clean lines and painted detail bring this piece up to a very high caliber. Excellent photograph of it too.

F

Great work, love the use of colour.
Regards
Flynny

R
Reid-O posted on Thu, Mar 8, 2007 4:05 PM

Aloha! Thank-you for all the positive feedback! it's really great to here it coming from you guys! Last weekend I started carving a small Moai water feature for a local garden center. I will try to get some pics of my progress up soon...Mahalo!

I can't believe I missed this thread!!! The mask turned out great! (..and I'm not jealous of that TV sign or anything) It was great to see you guys at the Waldorf the other night.
You've got to post more of your fine work on here!! Believe me everyone, he's only shown the tip of the iceberg...

I just visited Reid-O's website:

http://www.tabootiki.com

WOW!!!

R

Lost Paradise! July 21st! at the legendary Waldorf Hotel in Vancouver! This is a rare chance to party at one of the last surviving tiki bars in the world! hope to see you all there! check out the event post here on T.C.!

Wow that Tangaroa is amazing!!

I got this Mr Bali Hai from you off Ebay a while back...

R

Hey! Glad to see he found a good home!

Mahalo!

R
Reid-O posted on Wed, Aug 1, 2007 8:01 PM

The World freestyle skateboard competition took place in Vancouver this year. When asked to make the trophy we jumped at the chance!...check it out!

Craftsmanship by Taboo Dan
Carving by Reid-O

Local Legend Kevin Harris took it home!

D

Taboo Tiki ROCKS ~ i got this fantastic piece at Lost Paradise. this has a permenant spot in the RongorongoRoom, and Trader Pup is guarding it ~ so paws off!

i remember Dan talking about the vintage fabric, but i couldnt remember ~ is there a story behind it?

Pages: 1 29 replies