Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Last? of the Astro Age exotica CD's

Pages: 1 0 replies

T

I'm posting this for a business acquaintance from eBay but these are NOT offered any longer on eBay.

From Frank:

ASTRO AGE and its related labels recently went out of business, due to poor sales and the declining CD market.

I bought out the company's remaining stock and am pleased to offer it to the members of this forum.

These releases are high-quality small-label exotica/Space Age Pop reissues, done with care by fans of the music. Exquisitely remastered from original vinyl sources, their sound quality and eye appeal has been praised by many.

PLEASE e-mail me first to confirm that I still have the desired CDs in stock. Supplies are LIMITED with a capital L!

Here are the Astro Age CDs I have on hand:

LES BAXTER:

JEWELS OF THE SEA/THE PRIMITIVE AND THE PASSIONATE (two great 1961 LPs in mono -- 24 tracks --$13.00)

PORTS OF PLEASURE/THE SACRED IDOL (this is the disc that British company ripped off for the "Fruit of Dreams" CD. Exact same recordings. Get the original with better sound -- 24 stereo tracks -- $13.00)

SPACE ESCAPADE/AFRICAN JAZZ (two cult Baxter items in sterling mono sound; includes superior mono mix of "Space Escapade" -- 24 tracks -- $13.00)

JUNGLE JAZZ/WILD GUITARS (stunning stereo sound on two classic Les B. LPs)-- 24 tracks -- $14.00)

Buy all 4 Baxter CDs for $42.50!

ESQUIVEL:

ESQUIVEL (THE GENIUS OF/ESQUIVEL '68!) -- 2 stereo space age pop LPs on one CD)-- $14.00

ESQUIVEL LIVE IN LAS VEGAS '69 (stereo airshot of great live performance -- 11 tracks) -- $12.00

Other Space Age Pop, etc.:

BILLY MURE (FIREWORKS/SUPERSONICS IN FLIGHT -- 2 super wild stereo Space Age Pop LPs on one CD) -- $12.00

ROBERT MAXWELL (SPECTACULAR HARPS/HI-FI HARPS -- 2 cool Space Age Pop LPs- first one in amazing stereo, 2nd in solid mono. 5 mono bonus tracks) -- $14.00

ANDRE POPP: WHY SAY GOODBYE? ('66 EZ listening LP + 9 library music bonus tracks, from 1960-'74) -- $12.00

DICK SCHORY (RE-PERCUSSION/MUSIC FOR BANG, BAA-ROOM AND HARP -- 2 stellar stereo Space Age Pop percussion LPs on 1 CD) -- $13.00

STEREO ACTION ANTHOLOGY (various artists- Dick Schory, Esquivel, etc., from the cult series of 'Stereo Action' LPs, 1961-62. 50 tracks on 2 CDs in stellar sound with great liner notes)
-- $21.00

BOB THOMPSON (MMM! NICE/JUST FOR KICKS - 2 space age pop LPs in mono on one CD)
-- $12.00

THE THREE SUNS:

FEVER AND SMOKE/FUN IN THE SUN (two classic zany Charles Albertine gems on 1 CD
-- 24 super stereo trax -- $12.00)

MOVIN' N GROOVIN'/TWILIGHT MEMORIES (Suns' Stereo Action landmark + demented "greatest hits" package, courtesy Charles Albertine -- 24 stereo trax -- $12.00)

SWINGIN' ON A STAR/ON A MAGIC CARPET/A DING DONG DANDY CHRISTMAS/THREE SUNS RARITIES
(2 disc set containing three superb stereo Suns albums, including the best Christmas
LP ever waxed! 12 bonus tracks include the super-rare "Here Come The Suns" '58 mono EP
-- Albertine's first work with the Suns-- and various non-LP tracks, plus four insane
stereo '62 interpretations of George Gershwin standards! 50 trax -- stereo/mono -- $21.00)

Buy all 3 Three Suns CDs for $40.00!

None of these CDs are shrink-wrapped. They are unplayed, straight from the company's warehoused inventory. These are the last copies available anywhere, to the best of my knowledge.

If you'd like to hear sound samples, visit http://www.fmydesign.com/astroagecatalog.htm for several mp3s from each CD. PLEASE NOTE: website is no longer functional. I've only left it up so that interested buyers can hear the mp3s.

E-mail [email protected] for inquiries. I will reply within 12 hours with an invoice, containing my address.

SHIPPING IS FREE ON ORDERS ANYWHERE IN THE UNITED STATES AND CANADA! CDs are sent via 1st Class Mail.

Foreign buyers: CDs will be shipped via Air Mail. I must charge postage for all non-US purchases. I will gladly calculate postage costs for non-US inquiries.

We accept PayPal, money order, personal check or concealed U.S. currency. Once you have selected the titles you want, we'll send you an invoice via PayPal for your convenience.

Note from tikigik: I've ordered a number of these CD's from Frank through eBay and I have always received the CD's in a quick and fairly well-packaged fashion (my latest purchase, received last week, was for 4 CD's and they were shipped wrapped in bubble-wrap, then placed in a Tyvek mailing envelope for additional cushioning and all sealed inside of another Tyvek envelope. They came through the USPS unscathed (as have my other purchases) but you may want to consider insurance as well, especially with the "holiday crush" of packages occurring right now. I hope that this helps some folks "round out" their collections. :)

Pages: 1 0 replies