Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

What is the best sexy vintage music CD??

Pages: 1 8 replies

I am looking for a CD with slow sexy jazz like "the girl from ipenema" kinda stuff on it, any suggestions?. Thanks. TWT

Sergio Mendes, just about anything he did in the 60's.

Antonio Carlos Jobim:
Tide
Wave
terra Brasilis

G

On 2006-11-30 11:15, The Mayor Of Exotica wrote:
Sergio Mendes, just about anything he did in the 60's.

I'll second that. Especially when Lani Hall is singing lead.

Since you mentioned Girl From Ipanema, try Astrud Gilberto: The Diva Series.

T

seeeeking sexy jazz in the 'tiki music' forum !!!!!
go to amazon.com type in sexy jazz music you'll find love there!!!!

Tiki-lale, I hope I did not offend thee, I just figured folks that dig cd's like "mondo exotica" might be hip to that special kinda jazz.

G

On 2006-12-02 20:17, TikiLaLe wrote:
seeeeking sexy jazz in the 'tiki music' forum !!!!!
go to amazon.com type in sexy jazz music you'll find love there!!!!

I personally find that 60's "lounge" music such as Sergio Mendes & Brasil '66, Herb Alpert, Astrud Gilberto, Esquivel, etc play great in a tiki bar. I play them at mine often.

On 2006-12-03 08:28, GatorRob wrote:
I personally find that 60's "lounge" music such as Sergio Mendes & Brasil '66, Herb Alpert, Astrud Gilberto, Esquivel, etc play great in a tiki bar. I play them at mine often.

We don't know that it is for a tiki bar.

Julie London is not exotica, but she has calm, sensuous vocals which definitely go well with cocktails and what follows thereafter.

On the brazilian tip, I also like Bebel Gilberto, although she is contemporary. Many of her songs are sung in Portugese, which lends an air of sultriness.

T

Hey T.W.T ...The only thing that offends me is my New York Giants..... I have a 50 disc player that I have to fill up......Last purchase was Miles Corbin: Musque de Paradiso which is tiki and jazzy ... Other sites that you can listen before you buy CD BABY --- Barnes & Noble !!!!
Good Hunting --- you will find what your looking for !!!!

Are the paychecks in yet?

Pages: 1 8 replies