Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Polynesian Handpainted Designs by........?!

Pages: 1 3 replies

I love Tiki: After all these years, I still get stumped by finds, and this one takes the cake:
Beachbum Berry brought me this X-masgift from Hawaii to the Tiki Ti last night (...I WILL have to get a digicam so I can post it):

A wallhanging out of orange sack cloth, with a wooden stick thru the top and bottom, with a nice Lono style Tiki painted on it, signed (in big capital letters).....
KIRSTEN! and it still has the brownish hangtag "Polynesian Designs Handpainted by Kirsten - Hawaiian Tiki" hung with palm leaf string from it.
It looks 70s style. It probably was a woman's first name...or? Any islanders out there who have seen this name on art before?

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki on 2003-01-04 16:54 ]

G
GECKO posted on Sun, Jan 5, 2003 9:48 PM

Big B,
Hawaii as in da big island? I know all the islands are refered to as Hawaii by most people. I ask because their was a guy in Waikiki that did something like what you are talkin' about down behind the zoo where a lot of artist go to sell their art. I haven't seen him in a while. If I see him I'll read his signature and let ya know. I only seen him once, maybe twice. Can't remeber if he was doing hula girls or tikis? It might not be the guy because I keep seeing hula girls in my head.

Aloha

T

On 2003-01-05 21:48, GECKO TIKI wrote:

...I keep seeing hula girls in my head.

Aloha

Nothing wrong with that my fine lizard friend! :D

I'm gonna borrow a digi cam and figure out how to post the pix of the painting and signature and tag. Jeff found it on the big island, yes.

Pages: 1 3 replies