Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

South Florida Tiki Jam 3....Jan 20, 2007

Pages: 1 36 replies

L
Loki posted on Mon, Dec 4, 2006 6:18 PM

Aloha TCer's
It's that time again for another South Florida Tiki Jam. If your in the area mark your calendar. Tiki G and Gman this means you......

Let me know via PM any questions.

"He who does anything because it is the custom makes no choice."

[ Edited by: loki 2007-01-05 05:12 ]

T

Harold, Harold pack the station wagon were going down to Boca Raton to see my Aunt Shirley !!!!
Oy

B

You KNOW the Benzarts will be there. Yipee, Can't wait.

Andy and I are so there!

You guys carve the logs, I'll carve out some drinks!

Mark me as confirmed. I try to talk the wahine into it too - she had a great time at your party. Where have you been hiding?

K

Count me in!
I'll bring rum...
:drink:

W

I made your last one. Had a blast. Can I come too ?

L
Loki posted on Mon, Dec 11, 2006 8:21 AM

Will, of course you may come.

I REALLY wish I could make it. January is hugely slammed full of work month.
Best wishes and many carvings!

Pooch and I will be there most definitely!

K

Loki-

Glad to see this back on the calendar for 2007. It is looking good for me to be able attend this year. I will let you know for sure after the first of the year. Thanks for the invite!! Happy Holidays............

Karbora

On 2006-12-05 13:06, kikekeki wrote:
I'll bring rum...

Woo Hoo!

I've got a bit of hurricane wood left over, want me to bring it along?

L
Loki posted on Sun, Jan 7, 2007 4:32 PM

Aloha All,

We are getting close to the Tiki Jam on Jan 20th and we need a head count so if your planning on making it plese let me know.

It will be a hoot as usual so those of you who havent been to one need to make this one.

Stay tuned for more info as we get closer.

Happy New Year to all.

HK

As it turns out, we've got a double in your neck of the woods that day - A Bar Mitvah/Luau in Boca from 7-8 and The Jetsetter in Lake Worth from 10 or 11 til who knows when.

I'm also gonna see if Pia wants to hire us for The Molokai that Friday night.

Either way - it looks like we'll crash your place sometime on Friday(Thanks!)and get to hang during the day on Saturday before heading off to work.

I'm excited about seeing some live carving action!

Josh

Hi. I'm new to tiki. Is the Tiki Jam open to anybody? I'd love to see some live tiki carving. (I'm currently working on my second carving.)

:cry: maybe next time...

L
Loki posted on Thu, Jan 11, 2007 5:13 AM

On 2007-01-10 12:06, Tiki Taki wrote:
Hi. I'm new to tiki. Is the Tiki Jam open to anybody? I'd love to see some live tiki carving. (I'm currently working on my second carving.)

Anyone is more than welcome. The best way to learn is by diving in and watching others.

PM me with any questions.

Finky,
If you'd just move down here already...... :wink:

K

Loki-

It was good to see you at the Mai Kai 50th celebration :) I have been anticipating this event for many months. Unfortunately, a couple of weekends ago I was in the midst of an outdoor project that went bad very quickly and I shattered my left arm which has required multiple surgeries. A very unplanned and unwelcome event which has left me sticking close to home for awhile. I am sorry to miss the festivities. Have a great time!

Karbora

On 2007-01-13 09:23, Karbora wrote:
Loki-

It was good to see you at the Mai Kai 50th celebration :) I have been anticipating this event for many months. Unfortunately, a couple of weekends ago I was in the midst of an outdoor project that went bad very quickly and I shattered my left arm which has required multiple surgeries. A very unplanned and unwelcome event which has left me sticking close to home for awhile. I am sorry to miss the festivities. Have a great time!

Karbora

But you could still hold a Tiki Mug with the other hand, couldn't you?

K

Absolutely...I am able to confirm that you can indeed shake and enjoy a refreshing cocktail with one arm. It's the limited mobility that has me "anchored" for now. I know there will be extreme fun...so have some for me :)

Karbora

L
Loki posted on Sun, Jan 14, 2007 9:08 AM

Karbora...bummer about your arm...please heal well and we'll hopefully see you next time.

I have found that mai tai's act quicker than any pain reliever....

K

Loki,
I will try my best to be there. I have a couple of work related trips around the same time. I'm trying to weasel my schedule open on that date. Will let you know if it's a go...
I'll bring rum!
K.

Count me in!
I'll bring rum...

You should bring Tequila instead!!!!!

Arrr!!!!

:)

K

On 2007-01-14 19:02, RevBambooBen wrote:

Count me in!
I'll bring rum...

You should bring Tequila instead!!!!!

Arrr!!!!

:)

Only if Bamboo Ben is there...
Arrr to you too
:D

Hi Loki,

Looks like I can come play for a bit during the day. When is early arrival set for/allowed? Not that I ever show THAT early.

Looking forward to seeing all who can make it.

L
Loki posted on Thu, Jan 18, 2007 5:06 PM

Final bump before saturday..

W

We should have a nice doy for it. Look for a pm.

K

The Tiki Carving Jam was a blast! Many, many BIG MAHOLOS to Chris and Elizabeth for their gracious hospitality, and also for they're VERY gracious hospitality in allowing Haole Kats to once again crash their pad while we played down there at the Mai Kai, our luau-bar-mitzvah (really), and at the Jetsetter Lounge!

The next time they throw one of these, try to go, as you will love their place there in Boca, you will drink and eat like kings/queens, and you will see some amazing artists at work carving, and learn a lot in the process.

Mahalo once again to Loki and Stumpgrinder for a wonderful, wonderful time.

Kanekila

OK - where are the pictures??

Had a great time Saturday. It was good to see everyone. Loki and Stumpgrinder were supreme hosts and deserve standing O for the job they did. Fantastic music, food and people. The Seagrave was a true highlight - imagine an old roadster and Semi having unholy relations - truly unique!! Thanks again.

Oh come on now! Someone must of brought a camera... :-?

L
Loki posted on Thu, Jan 25, 2007 5:27 AM

When i get my lazy butt in gear i'll post what i have.

In the mean time, it was a great event and the best part is getting everyone together. Thanks to the Haole Kats for playing some impromtu tunes. No better way to carve when you have live Hawaiian music jammin in the background.

Thanks to wplugger for bringing the Seagrave...it was a highlight for sure...

A few pictures....

Our host playing with fire.

Our hostess and Mrs. Benzart (who didn't carve this time)

The Seagrave

If only I had some wood to carve...... At least my tools are sharp.

More here.

First, let me thank you, Chris and Elizabeth for being gracious hosts and sharing your fantastic home for the Tiki Jam. Second, a thank you to ALL of the Florida Ohana--Chip and Andy, Tiki Kiliki, Pia, Haole Kats, Papa Bear, etc, etc,--getting to meet all of you and hang out Friday and Saturday really made our trip. We look forward to seeing you all again at the Hukilau. And if you ever make your way to Minnesota (yeah, ridiculous--but come camping with us in the middle of June someday and you'll get a taste of why we put up with all the scheisse weather!) we'll be sure to show you a good time.

We missed the live carving; Varla and I were a little--ahem--under the weather Saturday, so these are all backyard-hangin' out-type pitchers.

Exciting Mai Kai pics and more can be found at http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=22532&forum=4&9

awwww!

TT

Greqat pics! Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed meeting everybody at the tiki jam. Next time I'm definitely staying for the serious hooch! Great big thanks again to Chris and Elizabeth for being such wonderful hosts.

TT

By the way, earlier today I was trying to put into practice some of the techniques I learned from watching Aloha Station carve with power tools at the party. I was working on a slightly smaller scale, using my new Black n Decker rotory tool. I was making great progress and the tool was working great.... right up until the moment that it burst into flames. Huh.

On 2007-01-28 13:22, Tiki Taki wrote:
... right up until the moment that it burst into flames.

Flaming Power Tools! Wooohooo! This is going to be some party!

OK, now that I have calmed down.... Your dremel caught fire or your wood?

TT

Fortunately, wood is fine. Dremel, however, is toast.

Pages: 1 36 replies