Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

The Replacements "Let It Be"

Pages: 1 5 replies

D

I bought this on cassette back in the day when it was new. I just re-bought it on CD with some b-day gift money from Amazon. Goddam, this is one of the best albums ever!! Still holds up 22 years later. I loved that they ripped a Beatles album title for their own and that they did one of the first Kiss covers I ever heard. Great sense of humor. Wall to wall great songs. Not a klunker anywhere on the album!

Hell yes. But Pleased To Meet Me was always my favorite.

One of my all time favorite bands from the glory days of the 80's. Let It Be is an amazing album ( I still have it on vinyl along with Sorry Mom, Forgot to Take Out The Trash and Pleased to Meet Me.) I was fortunate enough to see The Replacements play the Whiskey and it was one of the rockinest gigs I ever went to. Those kids from Minneapolis really friggin' jammed! ( I think Tommy Stinson was like 15 years old when he played that show.) I gotta dig out my "Mats" albums and spin them round again.

Chongolio

Lost-Isle
Coconut Wired Podcast
Barefoot bloggin'

MR

Sorry mom is a great album. Got it on vinyl as well. It spent alot of time on the turntable. Glad someone brought them up. I'm gonna have to pull that out and give it another listen.

C

I just checked utube and there are quite a few Replacement clips over there Some classic tunes; Otto, I'm in Trouble, Nevermind, something to Du and more. Good stuff.

Chongolio

You guys got me looking through old boxes with this thread...

Did anyone mention Tim yet?
I got a couple pieces of Replacements crap left over from the good old days.

A few WB radio promos, advance cassette of Please To..., and stamped promo vinyl

Pre Sire Vinyl, imports, and bootlegs

CD's, early 7", and Bob magazine flexi disc

Somewhere have the original magazine too...

Does anyone have an east coast feed of the Replacements on SNL with Paul walking up to the mike and yelling "You Fuckers!!" during Bastards of Young? Saw it on east coast satellite feed, but it was edited out when we recorded it from the west coast feed, on hi fi beta.

Damn! I forgot I had all this stuff.
Buzzy Out!

Pages: 1 5 replies