Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

update as of midnight , december 7th

Pages: 1 6 replies

here's how everything is turning out for us . The first one is mine , mere moments away from being done . I have a few details I need to take care of but it just needs to dry a little more and then stain and sanding .

Next is Dave's ( sleestak ) tiki . It's styled after an old late 50's Kahlua decanter . He just started tonight so he has a little more to go .

Then is Mikey Ratt's Moai , on the second day of carving . One ear to go and it's done . He burned it a little , before it was finished , because he was impatient and a little grouchy , but it still looks nice I think .

Mine looks liek he has to pee . . . and I'm nit sure about the throat area , under the mouth . I think it's a little awkward looking . we'll see I guess .

I think Dave's looks like a creepy alien fish or something .

Here's mikey's . It isn't as big as the rest , but it's only his first so he was tearing it up with no shame .

B

Nice stuff , All 3 pieces. Mike yours looks excellent and I wouldn't worry about the throat area. A little mystery never hurt anyone!

Thanks Ben , I guess it's easy to over think things sometimes . . . once it's stained and sanded I think it will be just dandy .

[ Edited by: mike-stobbe 2006-12-07 10:45 ]

R

Looking at your website , you have been holding out on us. Really great paintings and tattoo work. Carvings are superb as well.

If you ever plan to hit the calgary tattoo show let me know, first round is on me.

G
GMAN posted on Sun, Dec 10, 2006 7:21 AM

MS,

Your tall guy is really coming together well. You should consolidate all your posts/threads into one so we can see how you are getting on. It's easier that way. Do you have any finishing ideas in mind for the tall guy? I'm looking forward to seeing him completed.

-Gman

well I'm currently staining & sanding him , so I'll have a few pictures maybe later in the day , how would I go about consolidating said threads . . .

G
GMAN posted on Sun, Dec 10, 2006 9:39 AM

Mike,

I would send a personal message to Aaron's Akua (AA) or one of the other Mods. I imagine Hanford would need to consolidate them on his end. If you don't want to go through all of that, just continue with what you are doing, but only post updates on one thread (use the reply button). Your other threads will get shuffled off the lead page over time.

-Gman

Pages: 1 6 replies