Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Tiki Mugs for Cheeky Tiki!

Pages: 1 15 replies

H
haikai posted on Thu, Dec 7, 2006 4:07 AM

Aloha evervbody,

first we (ramba-zamba and haikai) want thank Cheeky Tiki for the chance,
to sculpt our first own Tiki mugs.
It was not easy but we had lot of fun and it was a honor for us to do this.
We pour a basic form of plaster and than we started to carve the mugs with scalpels, cutters, sandpapers and all tools we could find.
Actually, we are not ready with the fine tuning yet.

Here you can see some pictures of ramba-zamba´s mug.
For him it was even the first time to carve anyting.

And here are some pictures of my own mug.
Next, I want to bring in some chisel textures. And I need an name for him.

So, we will post new pictures when the mugs are finished and will send them to Cheeky Tiki.
So long, ramba-zamba and haikai

T

awesome work chaps - look forward to drinking from these guys.

MR

Those are both really nice. Have you figured out what colors they're going to be? How about names? I like the crisp lines and overall solid look they both have.
Cheers.

F

Wow, I like those. I noticed in the first one's sketch it had a base. What happend to it? looked like it would have made a very cool addition to the mug.

T

I knew that when the Munktiki contest came out and that there was all these great mugs summited, there was no way that these mugs wouldn't get made, just because Munktiki wasn't doing them. ramba-zamba had some great drawing and fresh takes of the tiki form.

Glad to see that there is nothing getting in the way of being able to make your dreams come true. I was really looking forward to seeing a "mug" come out from the contest and it just took alittle longer.

The mug sorta reminds me of a certain tiki. Maybe Sam's tiki cause of the raised brow. I might have to try the plaster one day. And that is a might fine tiki. I like the way the second one is shaping up. Are those circle holes intentional? I like them.

P
Paipo posted on Thu, Dec 7, 2006 12:38 PM

Wow, two really nice mug designs that I'd be happy to add to my collection. You guys sure are flying the flag for Tiki art in Europe. I think that first one would look even better if the vertical "planks" were given some grain effect to catch the glaze.
edit to add: I can't believe that's your first carving Ramba Zamba. Pretty sweet to have your first one made into a mug!

v TC Thread v

myspace

[ Edited by: Paipo 2006-12-07 12:39 ]

Those are neat! Add me to the list!

VERY cool designs.... I like the deep sharp cuts to the design.

M
McTiki posted on Fri, Dec 8, 2006 2:58 AM

What list? I want one of each too. If there's a list, add McTiki. These are sick (really good) designs for firsts. Very nice work guys.

mahalo

McTiki

Aloha guys,

thanks for the nice words!!
It had a lot of fun carving my first tiki, it is very easy to do that in plaster.

@ "matt reese" and "frostiki"
thanks! No we don´t have any ideas about names or colours yet but i´m thinking about a dark red or orange... i don´t know yet. First i want to finish the second part of the mug. You can see it on the sketch on the first picture. I hope i will find time this weekend.

@ "teaKEY"
yes you are right, i´m very glad that i am able to make a design for cheeky tiki. And i can realize a idea from the mug contest!

@ "paipo"
what do you mean with grain effect? Can you post a picture?

Actually there is no list. But i think Cheeky Tiki is happy about the first requests.

Mahalo

B

really nice work as it always used to be with Haikai.

Ramba Zamba's tiki is really amazing, i can't believe it is his first carving and finally i would ask him when is he going to carve on wood?

Bravo

Ben

H
hewey posted on Wed, Dec 20, 2006 2:17 PM

Great looking mugs :)

P

On 2006-12-08 05:31, ramba-zamba wrote:
Aloha guys,

@ "paipo"
what do you mean with grain effect? Can you post a picture?

Mahalo

He looks like his background is made of vertical planks of wood - they might look cool with some woodgrain texture to make it a little more organic and catch the glaze better. Very bad artist's impression:

Did you guys get any further ahead on the production process with these yet?

PS compliments of the season! :drink:

C

Great mugs!! Congrats!

B

bump

H
haikai posted on Tue, Nov 6, 2007 6:52 AM

Aloha,

my first mug the "Mr Tonga Tongue" is ready. Anjy and Jamie from Cheeky Tiki brought me the first 12 mugs
while the Tiki Modern Tour at the Trader Vic`s Munich. I was very proud to hold my first own mug in my hands. :)

Here are some pictures of the little fellow:

Michaels mug isn´t ready, yet. It still takes a little bit time, but I´m sure he�ll also post some pics of his mug.
Thanks and Mahalo, Haikai

Pages: 1 15 replies