Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Smokin' Menehunes ARE PLAYING this Friday 12/08 at the Catalina Fish Kitchen!!!-FREE BEER!!!!

Pages: 1 5 replies

For those who PM me today (12/08) before 4pm and show up tonight between 6:30-6:45pm 12/08*
Just making sure everyone knows that the gig is on this Friday! (see the other SM topic.) They'll be adding some Christmas tunes to their show this week! As always, you never know who might show up unexpectedly! Anyone who PM's me TODAY AND is there between 6:30 & 6:45 Friday evening...I'll buy you a beer!

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2006-12-08 10:20 ]

On 2006-12-07 08:34, SoccerTiki wrote:
Just making sure everyone knows that the gig is on this Friday! (see the other SM topic.) They'll be adding some Christmas tunes to their show this week! As always, you never know who might show up unexpectedly! Anyone who PM's me TODAY AND is there between 6:30 & 6:45 Friday evening...I'll buy you a beer!

Does that mean I have to PM you for my beer??????? WOOOHOOOO!

WOOOHOOO! TGIF FINALLY!!!! We hope to see everyone from TC tonight :)

Yes, I will buy you a beer!!!

Well....There aren't as many beer drinkers out there as I thought there would be!!! I even took out a loan from WooHoo to buy all the beverages!!!

Anyway, the crowd was treated to some "Mele Kalikimaka" music as well as their regular hapa haole sounds....

We were treated to hear Bong's daughter sing a duet with Bill Tapia...They sang "Crazy" and knocked it out of the park!!!! It was a remarkable combination old and new and left everyone applauding. There was also a fantastic young lady from San Diego that joined in on the Uke...Wow! What Talent!!! And then a beautiful Hawaiian lady came up and sang some traditional Hawaiian songs in English and Hawaiian! Sorry-I didn't get either of these young ladies names!

They say next week will feature some of Bill Tapia's friends and musicians he's played with over the years. There will be some great jazzy stuff! We heard a couple of them a while back and again, for free you just can't get this quality of entertainment!

T

Sorry I didn't show, i missed the bus !!!!!!

Pages: 1 5 replies