Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Nu No Na Me tikis 8-17-07 finally

Pages: 1 37 replies

At this point it seems that none of them are done. And this is a good place for me to store pics.

So far I am doing better with the minis.
Here a few, finished or not.
Hairy tiki, six inches

Marquesan mask, about 1.5 inches

Signature? I ain't signin nothin!

[ Edited by: Mr. NoNaMe 2008-08-04 18:41 ]

Mr. Peanut

[ Edited by: Mr. NoNaMe 2007-08-11 10:37 ]

[ Edited by: Mr. NoNaMe 2008-06-08 16:54 ]

M

Noname! Awesome firsts (or first posts) small is good, bigger is better though. Keep em coming. Let's see.

Mahalo

McTiki

M
mieko posted on Thu, Dec 7, 2006 11:19 AM

Very Cool! Enjoying the hook knife?
What kinds of woods are those? They look a little weathered, which is neat, but like they might be hard to carve.

B

Hey Noname, Glad to see you still carving the small stuff. Nice work. I Really love the Hairy tiki..

MN

Thanks Ben, Meiko & McT.,
In my drives home from the grocery store or where ever or riding my bike home from where ever I tend to keep my eye peeled for plant life, er, death.

This guy was hijacked. A while back our freind had his car broken into. Pool ques, cds and the the tiki was stolen out of his Audi. Bastards!

http://www.greyhoundog.org

[ Edited by: Mr. NoNaMe 2009-05-18 18:14 ]

G
GMAN posted on Sun, Dec 10, 2006 7:12 AM

Hey Mr. NoNaMe,

Looks like you've been busy. Nice stuff. What sort of toolz are ya using and what are you using for ideas/fuel? Keep pushing your designs forward and make each of your carvings better than the last. I can't wait to see what you come up with next. Can you carry a chainsaw on your MTB?

-Gman

Originally I was using a small sharp chisel cuz that is all I had. The wood was so soft all I had to do was push through the wood. I had to be gentle or the wood would crush. Evident in some of the pics. The clean sharp edges in the pics a from the hook knife Ben said to get.
My mugs and pics of tikis in Tiki Mag are the fuel so far. I have a few pages/20 or so drawings.
I actually have a trailer for the MTB. But, that is for trail maintenance or traveling. Would only use the chainsaw to remove deadfall from a trail so the trail isn't rerouted.

Here are a few pendants I made a couple days ago. There are not exactly finished. I'll prolly paint them a bit.

B

Hey Noname, those are pretty small and you are getting much Better with practise. I still love the Hairball tikis, you should dig up more wood. I am Very glad to see that finger all in one piece and in Un-stitched condition. It's worth more that way!

On 2006-12-22 17:07, Benzart wrote:
Hey Noname, those are pretty small and you are getting much Better with practise. I still love the Hairball tikis, you should dig up more wood. I am Very glad to see that finger all in one piece and in Un-stitched condition. It's worth more that way!

Thanks again Benz! When I hear from you it always makes me feel great! I am stil searching for those hairballs..........

Finger is still good.
I am still looking for the good hairball tikis

That dog just ain't right.

On 2006-12-25 11:47, hodadhank wrote:
That dog just ain't right.

Eh, he's alright. You should see him when he's laying on his side and too lazy to get up.

Here are a couple more pendants. And a painted mask.

I do not condone drinking "Bud" unless you are in a place with bad drinking water.

Ana has Spongebob by the balls.

[ Edited by: Mr. NoNaMe 2007-01-01 19:33 ]

[ Edited by: Mr. NoNaMe 2008-07-15 18:47 ]

A mega mini carving.

It is about 2x4.5 inches.

B

Keep at it noname, and you will be at the head of the class. That IS a Big one for you . You keep coming up with these neat looking tiki guys, Keep it up!

On 2007-01-11 05:32, Benzart wrote:
Keep at it noname, and you will be at the head of the class. That IS a Big one for you . You keep coming up with these neat looking tiki guys, Keep it up!

Thnaks Benz. Here is the big mini just about finished.

I gotta clean up some pics of some pendants that I'll post tomorrow.

P

nice

B

Yes, What PDrake said. Theres a Lot of small detail in this guy!

My new pendants.

Thanks Perry.

A few new pendants from last week.

M

It's about time you got pictures up. :) These all turned out great, it's impossible to pick out a favorite. Even with that dime in there, and having seen some of these in person, it's hard to believe how small they are.
Great job. I really like the diamonds on the one guy, and of course the blue tiki mug is just awesome. :)

Thanks Mieko,

Here are some pics from the Marquesan masked fertility pendant.

[ Edited by: Mr. NoNaMe 2007-01-25 09:43 ]

H

I just love this last pendant.

MN

So, I am beach combing and see a post that needed carving.

It is a railing post that must have been up on the cliff years ago.
I guess.

Amongst the other boulders.

I wonder how many regulars go there and now notice this guy. A week or so later I noticed a woman trying to take it away. She couldn't budge it. I guess that it could be a good 75 lbs.
Yesterday morning during high tide it was against the base of the cliff, so I rolled it back towards the water about 15 or so feet. I wonder what the guy who dragged up from its resting place is gonna think when it is back in the water looking towards the islands.

Oh yeah, it is embedded in the cement. And the wood was never gonna dry. because twice a day it is under water.

[ Edited by: Mr. NoNaMe 2007-02-01 09:48 ]

Pics of the second beach tiki that is further into the water.

This guy is lighter and more likely to be liberated from its murky depths.

M
mieko posted on Thu, Feb 1, 2007 11:08 AM

Wow, those are just great! Thanks for sharing them, I know what to look for if I can get down there. I love the public art-ness of them. It makes me want to spend a day carving random pieces of wood on the beach and leaving them there.
I also love your last pendant. :)

That reminds me of that bumper sticker, "Practice random acts of...Tiki!"
At least that's what it SHOULD say!

That's great how it's too heavy to steal. :D

Is that PB or OB? Or Blacks?

[ Edited by: 4WDtiki 2007-02-01 15:42 ]

C

Sorry for being so late for this but I love love love the hairy one it's so cool!! good work! Congrats!

Thanks Clarita. Harry Tiki has a couple cousins on the way. A long way away.

4WD, It is PB north. Someone actually crushed the cement of one of them and moved him to the encampment where the locals sit and watch the surf/ers and sunset.

Here is the Tahitian.

B

Hey NoNaMe, Glad to see you are experimenting and trying new faces and bodies, they are really looking good

And the Drinkin Palauan. Not really Palauan , but it is for a Palauan who likes beer.

On 2007-02-13 10:56, Benzart wrote:
Hey NoNaMe, Glad to see you are experimenting and trying new faces and bodies, they are really looking good

Thanks BenZ. You and all the other carvers are inspiration.

B

Hey Sir NoNaMe! I just discovered your thread. It's extremely cool! Nice stuff, dude.

The beach Tikis rock. When I used to make sand sculptures at the beach, it would get me a lot of attention from the ladies. Hopefully the Tiki carving at the beach is working for you! :)

It has been a little bit since I finished something. The guy on the left is done. Red needs some finishing still.

And a few pendants..

Erik the Red

now the red guy is done. Finally finished painting him.

B

NO!! NA!! ME!! Man, you lighting the house on fire!! Love the red!!

Thanks Babalu!!

I guess I shoulda posted these two first. Eh, what ever.

Pages: 1 37 replies