Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

The Coconut Monkey Project!

Pages: 1 5 replies

Greetings Ohana, and welcome!

If this is the first you have heard about The Coconut Monkey Project, I invite you to check out my blog:
http://coconutmonkeyproject.blogspot.com/

I am an artist, tiki bartender, and coconut monkey collector. I have been collecting coconut monkeys, and singing their praises to whoever will listen, for the past ten years.
This year, I embarked on the creative journey to document my treasured collection in a series of portrait paintings. I hope through these paintings to express the unique qualities of these characters, and to celebrate the history and variety of a true tiki artifact. They are tiki, they are tacky, they are kitch, they are junk, they are treasures, they are primitive, they are works of art.
Most of all, they are coconut monkeys, and they make me happy.
I hope they will make you happy too.

-Mahalo!
Atomikitty
*Come see the first 5 original paintings, AND prints for your purchsing pleasure at:

[ Edited by: atomikitty 2006-12-13 16:26 ]

[ Edited by: atomikitty 2006-12-31 16:07 ]

G
GROG posted on Sat, Dec 9, 2006 7:59 PM

Nice Coconuts, Suzy!

S
squid posted on Sat, Dec 9, 2006 10:22 PM

Hey Suzy,
How much are the originals? They make me :) too!

Calamar

Thank you GROG-Yes, I know they are nice, BUT HANDS OFF THE COCONUTS BUDDY!!!!

Thank you SQUID-YES, the ORIGINAL PAINTINGS are for sale as well!
'Mr.Hawaii', 'Flathead and Son' and 'The Commander' are still available for only $400.
The originals of 'Momma Monkey' and 'Cletus' have SOLD.

See you guys Saturday at the Tonga Hut!

I am excited to announce a VERY special offer/challenge ONLY for TC members and Coconut Monkey Project subscribers!

Bring your monkey offering to the Tonga Hut, THIS Saturday, Dec. 16th to claim your prize!

See you there!
-Atomikitty

I picked up one of Atomikitty's Coconut Monkeys at the the Freaky Boutiki over the weekend. We got "The Commodore" and we love it! He's so fat and sassy sitting there with his cigar.

The overall look of the piece with the integated bamboo framing is fantastic. We kind of want another one now, so he won't be so lonely on the wall.

Pages: 1 5 replies