Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

united airlines 6ft tiki for sale plus more....

Pages: 1 14 replies

greetings!! anyone interested in a six foot tall knock-off of this united tiki shown below, let me know....they are not cheap, but damn cool!! made of fiberglass and cast from a mold made with an original tiki....also available is the 3 foot united tiki on base that you see also knocked off on ebay sometimes. There is a company here that has been producing them for years...I first discovered them in 97'.....i have bought some of the smaller tikis but never a large one cause i have the real thing (shown below). They also carry other tiki styles of their own creation. If i can get a show of hands, i may be able to get a better price for volume.....the large ones are $500 a piece and the 3 ft ones are only $150, i believe.....which is alot better than $250 from that guy in indiana that has been selling them on ebay.......I just finished reading dave carters article about united tikis in tiki news latest issue which not only reminded me about this company but inspired me to share this info.....

I'll bite. As long as I can see one first. And if they are produced "here" maybe I can pick up a 6-footer and not pay shipping?

On 2006-12-10 09:44, Tipsy McStagger wrote:
I just finished reading dave carters article about united tikis in tiki news latest issue which not only reminded me about this company but inspired me to share this info.....

You mean Tiki Magazine's latest issue of course...I know, that's some great research by Duke, another mystery of Polynesian Pop is solved. I'm looking forward to the 2nd part.

Nothing makes a tiki statement like a 5 ft. tiki.
Expensive, but very substantial.

That is Lono on the left, correct?

M

I beleive that's a Benzart on the left...(nice!!!)

checking info here; these are exact repro's of the original united air lines tiki.?mold taken from an original united air lines tiki? is that corect?

On 2006-12-11 07:23, TIKI DAVID wrote:
checking info here; these are exact repro's of the original united air lines tiki.?mold taken from an original united air lines tiki? is that corect?

correct...they made a new mold from an original united tiki, which unfortunately got destroyed in the process...the new ones are fiber glass composite and come in black....these can be primed and painted for indoor or outdoor use...same with the small 3 footers....they also removed the united airlines logos, in what appears to be an attempt to avoid legal issues....

On 2006-12-10 11:43, Tonga Trader wrote:
I'll bite. As long as I can see one first. And if they are produced "here" maybe I can pick up a 6-footer and not pay shipping?

..picking up is not a problem...they are kinda wierd to deal with in that they are skiddish when it comes to directly selling to the public...they are a wholesale house and have a showroom but it's really not open to the public...luckily i have my own business and with a little fast talking and some actual proof that i wasn't some freak off the streets snoopin' around, i was able to get in...after some purchases no one bothered me further and i was welcome anytime....i'll find out more details and if anyone wants to avoid shipping, i could probably hold your tikis at my place till you come into town to pick them up......they are never open on weekends and keep weird hours during the week...i'll try to get out there as soon as i get some down time at work during the day......

..here's the scoop...i went in today to get some info....it's been a couple years and since then they raised thier prices on the tikis..the large ones are $600 and they come painted dark brown...they are actually really cool. the smaller ones are $125 as opposed to $150 which i quoted earlier..they had some smaller moai for $14-$20 or so. Also, they have large fiberglass clam shells to used as fountain basins...and a fiberglass giant seashell table....the company is called orlandi statuary and has been in business for years.....they are on central park, 2 blks north of north ave. on the east side of the street after the train bridge...i guess they welcome visitors now and you can browse the showroom..there are tons of greek statues, pillars, buddhas, cartoon characters, lions, and more...very cool to look around at all the stuff in there...the tikis are made 2 order...they have 2 of the large on the showroom floor as of this afternoon....personally, i'm gonna pick up a couple of the 3 footers and give them a custom paint job, maybe some lights and sell them on ebay...i'll offer them up here first of course. check out their website.....they don't have all the items on the site...you may have to call or email them to request they send you pics of the tikis they have.....good luck.

oh yeah...i think they said shipping the large ones to the west coast would be about $125 extra..

$100 a foot? Isn't that the going rate for a good carver to carve you a tiki? Not that they aren't nice but they're not wood either. I'd rather support some of the awesome talent we have right here on TC. I guess if you wanted one for outside, that would be the way to go. I'm just babbling now. bababababababbaba

i agree....it's way too steep. i would definately rather spend the money on another benzart carving before i throw down on these large tikis.....you can buy the fiberglass ones from oceanic arts for less....i believe they want $450 each for theirs....

Whoa boy!

$600!?

$450!?

For a molded tiki!?

I can carve a one of a kind out of wood for half those prices...

Yet here I sit with no tiki orders this holiday season....

?

It's been a tough year for this here tiki carver. I should move to California. :wink:

M

On 2006-12-14 22:25, Lake Surfer wrote:
Whoa boy!

$600!?

$450!?

For a molded tiki!?

?

It's been a tough year for this here tiki carver. I should move to California. :wink:

Nooo......Florida dammit!

On 2006-12-14 22:25, Lake Surfer wrote:
Whoa boy!

$600!?

$450!?

For a molded tiki!?

?

okay...you're on!! i want you to carve me up a replica of the fiberglass tiki with it's tongue hanging out that oceanic arts sells and that is standing in the garden outside the place.....or.....there's a tiki just to the left of the door as you walk out of the bar...it too has it's tongue hanging out...it's made of a light colored palm and about 7ft tall...can you duplicate that one for me???

On 2006-12-15 05:46, Tipsy McStagger wrote:

... the fiberglass tiki with it's tongue hanging out that oceanic arts sells and that is standing in the garden outside the place.....or.....there's a tiki just to the left of the door as you walk out of the bar...it too has it's tongue hanging out...it's made of a light colored palm and about 7ft tall...

Sounds like you are talking about Hala Kahiki here?

Anyway, thanks for the tip, 'sy. I'll check out the statuary place next time I'm up that way. Though I'm definitely out at the new higher price, I'll look at the smaller ones. Maybe I do need a big Lake Tiki to go with my killer custom Lake Tiki wall hangers. Keep the boy working.

Pages: 1 14 replies