Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

New Life for a Kahiki Light Fixture

Pages: 1 7 replies

C

Well we finally got this installed in our bar last night! It looks even better than I thought it would - it's amazing to have a piece of the Kahiki, where I was a frequent visitor when I was in college, in our very own home bar!!!

We had a local guy who restores vintage fixtures update the electrical wiring for us on this fixture & one other I bought from the Kahiki store before it closed. It didn;t need any other work, as it was in great shape! We'll get the 2nd one up after the holidays, but here's this one for your viewing pleasure. Enjoy!!!

& a couple of close-ups:

Very Nice!!! :)

P

Looks awesome.

I noticed there were no poured drinks waiting for me there.

I feel all cold inside.

On 2006-12-11 09:38, pablus wrote:
Looks awesome.

I noticed there were no poured drinks waiting for me there.

I feel all cold inside.

We got all kinds of drinks for you here in Ohio Pablus. Lots of home bars made with Kahiki artifacts too!!

Whenever you decide to visit the Ohio Ohana will be waiting! :)

Cheers,
Jeff

C

Ah, yes, after balancing the ~50 pound light fixture to install it we polished off all of the cocktails :wink:
But, seriously, if you're ever up Wisconsin way, I promise to have a very good cocktail waiting for you, along with a little Crazed Mugs music playing on the stereo :)

Looks great Croe67! It's nice that a little bit of Kahiki lives on in so many of our home bars and lounges.

that is beautiful! congrats!

Amy

Looks even more awesome on that off white cieiling!!

Arrr!!!

Pages: 1 7 replies