Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

munktiki values

Pages: 1 12 replies

Can anyone tell me how much an early (2000) Munktiki eBAY limited edition (100) eBAY mug might be worth now? Like a DIGS, KING TUBBY, ONA' KEKO, & CHONGO? Someone has a much later, bigger run (150) Munktiki mug called "POISON" and they're asking $499 for it. I want to know if they go for that much money. Is there a tiki mug price guide?

M
  • Someone has a much later, bigger run (150) Munktiki mug called "POISON" and they're asking $499 for it. I want to know if they go for that much money. Is there a tiki mug price guide?

Aloha Bernie,
Damn glad to meet ya, welcome to Tiki Central. I'll take a stab at your question. Is there a price guide? Not really, not officially, not technically. I would hazard a guess the mugs in question have held a good amount of their value, but I don't know what you paid so it's sort of shooting in the dark, ya know?

Digs? Only the greatest new tiki mug design in the world. Anyone who says differently, I'll personally fight. Chongo? That's another classic. Either of these would attract a decent-sized bid on eBay, i.e. over $100. I'd pay as much right now for either, and that's American Dollars. The others you mention? No clue, I forget what they look like. There are many collectors that are fiendish about Munktiki, and rightly so, them Neilsens make some righteous goods.

Are they worth $499? No fu*&#@%!' way.

Your tiki pal,
midnite

ps Don't listen to me, I know nothing.

Check out the Ooga Mooga website. They list current values of what things have been selling for on eBay. Bottom line is it is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it.

I personally wouldn't pay $499 for ANY mug!!

Cheers,
Jeff

The $500 mug is mine. The reason it is $500 is because I dont want to sell it. That mug draws 100's of buyers to look at my listings. The last one on ebay sold for about $350, I think someday a poison mug will go for more than $500. I have had offers on mine for up to $300, it is one of the best mugs produced ever.

T

Holy crap! I had no idea that people were willing to spend that much for that mug. I've got a Poison mug but I'd never sell it. Ahh if I'd known when I bought that mug it would appreciate so much I'd have bought ten of them.

T

The reason it is $500 is because I dont want to sell it. aND ITS ON eBAY WHY?

I saw the piosion mug towards the end of its run go for the higher prices of Munk mugs between 60-70 avg.

I liked the Spooky D cause it would go for mid 40s around the same time.

Just my own personal opinion, but when an ebay seller puts up things for ridiculous prices in hopes of attracting attention it just makes me not want to buy from them. Instead of messing with people, why not just put up good products at somewhat reasonable prices?
As far as Munktiki is concerned, I feel that they are producing works of art and you just can't go wrong with buying their stuff from them. I am always anxiously awaiting the next piece they release.

The reason it is $500 is because I dont want to sell it. aND ITS ON eBAY WHY?

If you read the entire post you would see that it draws alot of attention. I really doubt anyone would buy it at that price, and if they did, I would very sad to see it go. Might have to make myself feel better by buying 10 coconut monkeys with the money.

I think the Poison mug might be the best new mug produced, the next one on ebay will go for close to $400.

That mug draws 100's of buyers to look at my listings.

It got me to look just looking at this thread.

*Honeeeyyyyy!!???? I found something neat on ebaayyy. :) *

N

On 2006-12-15 23:01, berniegold wrote:
Can anyone tell me how much an early (2000) Munktiki eBAY limited edition (100) eBAY mug might be worth now? Like a DIGS, KING TUBBY, ONA' KEKO, & CHONGO? Someone has a much later, bigger run (150) Munktiki mug called "POISON" and they're asking $499 for it. I want to know if they go for that much money. Is there a tiki mug price guide?

Back to your original quiry, the real early ones hover around $100- $200+.
Munktiki mugs are always worth what you are willing to pay for them, but in general if it seems like it's cheap it is, and if it seems way over priced it probably is too! While I'm on the subject, anyone got a BrewTiki they'd like to part with? :wink:

[ Edited by: nitropic 2006-12-20 20:05 ]

Ineresting topic. From what I can tell, Munktiki seems to value closeness of family, artistic creativity and integrity in business. Sure wish more folks held these values these days.

-Weird Unc

M

On 2007-01-01 17:37, weirduncletiki wrote:
value closeness of family, artistic creativity and integrity in business. Sure wish more folks held these values these days.

-Weird Unc

I know of a winery that embraces those same qualities.....

i sold my king tubby and chongo mug last summer and got about $175 give or take a couple bucks, for each one.....

Pages: 1 12 replies