Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Shag's my first cocktail lunch box -- plus store wide sale!

Pages: 1 9 replies

Dark Horse just released a new series of metal lunch boxes from an Art Exhibit.

In the fall of 2005 La-La Land Gallery in Los Angeles held a custom lunch box exhibit featuring over 30 artists. Visitors to the gallery's website, lalalandgallery.com, voted on their favorite design from the exhibit. This SHAG lunch box was one of the few chosen winners. They are made of metal but have no thermos.

They were shipped out from the manufacturer today, I should have them Monday or Tuesday. Once I have them in my hot little hands I'll post the "add to cart" buttons.

You can find them here

They will also be available at Shag Mart and Dark Horse.

[ Edited by: stuff-o-rama 2006-12-29 18:05 ]

I saw this at Comic Con a few months ago and have been anxiously awaiting the release. Glad to hear it's finally available.

Stuff-O-Rama, it seems that nothing eludes you!

That a fantastic gift on so many levels...Happy Kids, Angry Parents...top notch stuff!

Fantastic!

T

I just waled into a store about an hour ago and they have one. I really like it but I don't know if I could use one, no kids but the artwork on the back is just as nice.

J

On 2006-12-16 11:34, teaKEY wrote:
I just waled into a store about an hour ago and they have one. I really like it but I don't know if I could use one, no kids but the artwork on the back is just as nice.

Kids? What do kids have to do with it? :wink: I DO have kids and i'd like to see them even TRY to pry MY Shag lunchbox out of my hands (once i get one)! :)

i doubt any school would allow a child to bring that to school more than once.

If I didnt work from home, this would be a must-have, but since I do, it's a want-much.

..sbim

UPS got overwhelmed and the box took the long route to get here. Possibly went on a walkabout. I've been told should've arrived today but they weren't on my guys truck. (The tracking number says they are at the location.) He's looking to see where they went. Hopefully tomorrow? I'm kind of bummed this happened. Which is why I don't like to take pre-orders. I will update this thread when the box appears, hopefully in one piece and not a battered box full of metal shards & shrapnel...

Finally! They just found the box and dropped it off here at 8:45 PM. Crazy hours, I feel for the men in brown...

I just put the buttons on the web site, and updated the photo to show the other side of the lunch box. To paraphrase SBiM, they're too cool for school!

Rather than start another thread, I thought I'd let everyone know that now through the end of January I have a store wide sale going (up to 70% off). All though the lunch boxes aren't on sale, I do have some hula dolls and some Tiki Farm mugs marked down in price.

http://www.stuff-o-rama.com

OMG, those are just too fabulous! Now that the holidays are over I can buy myself a Christmas present!!

Pages: 1 9 replies