Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Tiki Farm Phone Goddess Departing. Good Luck Lupe! We'll miss you!

Pages: 1 9 replies

S

Anyone who has ever phoned Tiki Farm has had the pleasure of hearing "Goooood morning, Tiki Farm. This is Lupe. How can I help you?" That cheerful voice will be sorely missed as Lupe has accepted a new job where she can be closer to her kids. Good enough reason for me but my selfish side wishes she wouldn't go. Holden is ALWAYS "on another line" so I happily get to chew the fat with her on a regular basis until he's done with his cig...I mean until he gets off the other line. Good luck in your new job and I know we're only separated by 6 degrees of Jorge!

Well wishers please post here or email [email protected]

edited fer spilling earrers and there's probly stil sum more.

[ Edited by: squid 2006-12-21 10:29 ]

Dave - thank you very much for posting this! Lupe and Jorge have a big committment to their church (where she's going to work) and as a result of their being billingual (which is what their church is needing - a billingual counselor), it was either Jorge or Lupe. So, as probably everybody knows, Jorge is my right hand man - he's my "solid as a rock" employee and has been with me since nearly day one (Jorge has missed 3 days sick in a little over 5 years and I have to force him to go on vacation!).

Lupe's shoes are gonna be tough to fill. I'm ultra selective as this is a very special job. I've done about 12 interviews in the last few weeks and still am looking for a suitable candidate. Whoever fills her shoes is in for a fun ride!!

• eMail sent to Lupe at Tiki Farm...

Aloha Lupe,

I just read at Tiki Central, you accepted a position within your church. That’s absolutely wonderful news! Thank you for the many phone conversations, multiple email replies for all the orders I placed this past year. You’re always a pleasant and happy-helpful voice to ease all missing/ backorder/ where-the-heck-is-it questions!! :D You will be missed by this customer, as I’m sure this will echo by many others.
Wishing you all the best in your future endeavors and a happy walk on life’s joyful path!

Warmest regards and Chokest mahaloz,

Flip-flOp-fLipPp... :drink:

message sent... Kelly cries, Dang it! we were just getting all that funky billing of mine down to a science! now I have to break in new person.~~

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2006-12-22 00:05 ]

Lupe Rocks!

On 2006-12-21 10:57, MakeDaMug wrote:

Lupe's shoes are gonna be tough to fill. I'm ultra selective as this is a very special job. I've done about 12 interviews in the last few weeks and still am looking for a suitable candidate. Whoever fills her shoes is in for a fun ride!!

Hey,

Howabout someone from TC??

Sorry. Bad Joke!!

M

Take care and best wishes Lupe. Holden's gonna miss you.

D

Lupe, I have said it before and mean it every time. YOU ARE THE BEST. All of us who call in to just " drop by" the farm will miss you. Best wishes on the new job.

Holden try to recruit Squid. Lets see he can use two legs for craving, two for the drums, one to draw, one for photo shop. That will leave two for the phone and fax. Still will not be Lupe but may work out for ya.

I wanted to take a moment to send out a very warm MAHALO to all of you who have called or emailed Lupe. She's going to do her best to get every email replied but she is a bit overwhelmed with finishing up her duties.

Well, I think I found our new customer service rep. I interviewed a total of 17 candidates and one lady just kept rising to the top in the interviews. Soon, when you call into Tiki Farm, you'll be taken care of by my soon-to-be new assistant, Dawn White.

Dawn is a big fan of mid-century and Disneyland. She's very sweet (like Lupe) but also "takes the bull by the horns" (also, like Lupe). As we grow, that's an important part of "steering the Tiki Tugboat up the river".

Again, thank you very much. Lupe is very touched by all of the good things that have come from both getting to know you all as well as the recent calls/emails. She will be missed but time marches on like a big ol' Tiki God with legs man!

Mahaloz,
Holden

Farewell my "Bad Gall Bladder Buddy!"

Hope the BBQ yous had today

sits well with ya!!!!

Pages: 1 9 replies