Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Good Golly....Whats all this white stuff?

Pages: 1 2 66 replies

Sixteen degrees in Kzoo this morning. Old Man Winter still has strong stranglehold on us. Just hanging on for the warmer weather. A Mai Tai on the patio seems a long way off.

sounds like Hot Butterd Rum Time to me unca T
Cheers

Today's lookin much better in Michigan. Not great, but at least I can see my lawn.

Our puppy dog was lovin' the fresh snow this afternoon. After playin' and diggin' through the newly fallen snow we are getting in Minnesota, she's now snoring on the couch while my wife and I enjoy a Manhattan.

T

On 2018-02-17 04:48, uncle trav wrote:
Sixteen degrees in Kzoo this morning. Old Man Winter still has strong stranglehold on us. Just hanging on for the warmer weather. A Mai Tai on the patio seems a long way off.

I hate spring in Ohio.
Just when you think Ohio weather sucks, it sucks even more and out sucks the year before.
Ohio sucks!

On 2018-04-06 09:25, tikiskip wrote:
I hate spring in Ohio.
Just when you think Ohio weather sucks, it sucks even more and out sucks the year before.
Ohio sucks!

Mai Tai to the rescue! :drink:

(Edited to fix my bbcode above... Now Skip can see a graphic of a drink.)

[ Edited by: AceExplorer 2018-04-06 11:38 ]

T

I need a graphic of warm weather and sun!

UT

I with ya Skip. Twenty one degrees and sunny here in Michigan this morning.

T

I tell ya I think those wind farms and the turbines that they have put up may be part of the reason.
If you watch the weather on TV it's all about jet streams and wind currents how can putting a thousand wind turbines up not have some effect on the weather?

We have snow, SNOW today, it's F-ing April 7th!

Texas has the most wind turbines in America and you know how f-ed up their weather has been.

California is second largest wind farms in America I think, How's your weather been Cali?

Lake Erie affects the weather here so why not turbines?
http://www.theweatherprediction.com/weatherpapers/004/index.html

[ Edited by: tikiskip 2018-04-07 07:09 ]

T

It's plenty cold here in Minnesota for April but my puppy dog is loving the weather. The resident squirrels have been active of late so she has found plenty of action. Mayhaps we just need to take the attitude of a puppy dog by enjoying the day or squirrels as they come.

That said, it was easy for me to type the above platitudes while enjoying a Mai Tai.

H
Hamo posted on Sat, Apr 7, 2018 11:02 PM

We got about 4 inches of snow here yesterday, though most of it melted today. Still, I’m looking forward to a quick CA trip this week. Pacific Ocean and Don the Beachcomber, here I come!

T

"take the attitude of a puppy dog by enjoying the day"

Well when I was a puppy, Er young, I too loved the snow!
Let me know how that same dog feels at 56 in dog years when his knees are shot.

In Ohio we get few sunny days a year they say, so even a sunny day in winter makes me sad as it is one of the few days and may take away from one of the summer sunny days.
Kinda feels like there is more sun in the winter in Ohio.

As a young person you don't have a house to paint and all the work you do as an older person and much of this work can only take place in summer so there is a lot to fit into the few nice days you may get here in Ohio.

And heck you want to fit in a few fun party days too.

Having a pool makes the weather weigh more on your mind I think as even a cool night can bring that water down to a degree that nobody will swim in.

Between the rain, grey sky's and cool summer weather you get very few "nice" days in the Ohio summer.
Ohio Days per year with precipitation - rainfall: (133 days 2017)

You really do get Half a life here in Ohio if you like the sunny type weather.

Ohio sucks, it really does for sun lovers.
There are other reasons Ohio sucks that are not suitable for TC posting.

I did at one time think Ohio was a great place to live.

T

Annual days of sunshine Ohio...
Columbus.... Sunny (72) Partly Sunny (103) Total Days (175)

Number of Sunny Days
In the table above, the average number of Sunny Days for a city in Ohio is the total days in a year when the sky is mostly clear. This includes the days when cloud covers up to 30% of the sky during daylight hours.

Partly Sunny Days have cloud covering from 40% to 70% of the sky during the daytime.

Total Days With Sun is a sum of the Sunny plus Partly Sunny days. The rest of the days are mainly overcast, with at least 80% cloud cover. All the numbers are annual averages, made from years of weather watching.

"THE REST OF THE DAYS ARE MAINLY OVERCAST!"

I post this to save you sun lover, say away from Ohio!
Now you know why I am so crabby.

[ Edited by: tikiskip 2018-04-10 06:43 ]

On 2018-04-10 06:36, tikiskip wrote:
Annual days of sunshine Ohio...
Columbus.... Sunny (72) Partly Sunny (103) Total Days (175)
Total Days With Sun is a sum of the Sunny plus Partly Sunny days. The rest of the days are mainly overcast, with at least 80% cloud cover. All the numbers are annual averages, made from years of weather watching.

"THE REST OF THE DAYS ARE MAINLY OVERCAST!"

Ouch! 190 days of overcast or mostly overcast!

T

Even the people who are all "hey it's spring and spring weather is back and forth"
Are all pissy this year.

This is a winter that won't go away.

We are having our first blast of snow and it’s bad! I love the first snowfall for the fact that a bunch of idiots forgot how to drive in it. It happens every year without fail. Tons of slide offs, crashes and general stupidity accompany the first snowfall on our roadways. It’s great fun to pass by the ditch divers.

We live in Reno/Tahoe and talk about moving back to southern Nevada every week. Lucky for us it has been super mellow so far with 60s and 70s during the day. My wife is in Grand Rapids for work and it is snowing and 23 degrees. However, I think she will make it over Max's tonight to feel a little more tropical.

U

I am on the other side of Michigan (SE). I have 12 inches of either snow or coconut powder in my yard.

Pages: 1 2 66 replies