Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Whatcha get tiki xmas? please add to this post

Pages: 1 11 replies

So I know The "carvers" threw up something but I didn't want to mess up that thread so heres a new one:

The wahine picked up the lamp at Mai Kai over Hukilau 06 and kept the secret... Anyone know who made it? The 4 mugs are tiki farm from Ron Jons in coco beach from parents - I didn't have any of them so thats cool! Turn your monitor sidewayz!

And Polynesiac hooked up the hanging red light in time for the xmas pain killers (note the Ohana hut on its own shelf - thought I'd add that in to)

Please add to the link...

wait til you guys see what ted tikis brother made him!

T

All right, here it is. In person it is awesome.

I got this beautiful book Pacific Pattern
Its full of pictures and explanation on use of pattern in Pacific Island cultures... Mainly in textiles and weavings.
Aloha,
:tiki:

L-to-R: Tiki Farm Ono Lono mug, Extraordinarily Deluxe DVD Version of Monty Python and the Holy Grail, 2-volume set of Oceanic Art books (slightly used), Tiki Farm "Lil' Lucky" Las Vegas shot mug, Trader Vic's Tiki Party book, Borders gift card, Tiki Farm Sufferin' Bastard decanter.

Mrs. Pappy came through!

We got Crazy Al for X-mas!

Playing a game of Pirate Dice.

Ye who cheats wins!

I see where you get your name from ---your kitchen !!!!
Happy New !!!!

H

My brother gave me this very sharp (in more ways than one) Coco Joe's letter opener from the late '70s that was owned by our grandmother. I posted more about it, including more pictures, in a thread about Coco Joe's collectibles.

TS

My wonderful girlfriend bought me the Hukilau print by Derek since I couldn't make it in person this year...#22 of 125...it really does "Glow in the Dark"...haha...

It is a wonderful print, and I cant wait to get it framed so all my friends can see it! I also received the Disneyland 50th Anniversary Tangaroa Tree lamp.

I also got "The Wild,Wild West" dvd box set season 1,which is also very cool and great 60's tv show! BTW, the images were "borrowed" from the net for use as visual examples since I haven't had time to break out my digicam. But most importantly for me, the best thing about this christmas was getting together with loved ones & friends. My mom and girlfriend shared company with me and we cooked smoked ham with a brown sugar/molasses glaze with all the usual trimmings like mashed potatoes,candied yams, green bean casserole, etc... GOOD STUFF!Anyhow, I Hope everyone has a wonderful NYE as well...I'll be in Riverside/Corona drinking in the New Year with friends to polish off a "turbulent" 2006 for me!

[ Edited by: Tom Slick 2006-12-27 17:39 ]

On 2006-12-27 17:38, Tom Slick wrote:
My wonderful girlfriend bought me the Hukilau print by Derek since I couldn't make it in person this year...#22 of 125...it really does "Glow in the Dark"...haha...

It is a wonderful print, and I cant wait to get it framed so all my friends can see it! I also received the Disneyland 50th Anniversary Tangaroa Tree lamp.

I also got "The Wild,Wild West" dvd box set season 1,which is also very cool and great 60's tv show! BTW, the images were "borrowed" from the net for use as visual examples since I haven't had time to break out my digicam. But most importantly for me, the best thing about this christmas was getting together with loved ones & friends. My mom and girlfriend shared company with me and we cooked smoked ham with a brown sugar/molasses glaze with all the usual trimmings like mashed potatoes,candied yams, green bean casserole, etc... GOOD STUFF!Anyhow, I Hope everyone has a wonderful NYE as well...I'll be in Riverside/Corona drinking in the New Year with friends to polish off a "turbulent" 2006 for me!

[ Edited by: Tom Slick 2006-12-27 17:39 ]

But, will you be reading your Book of Tiki!!!???

SORRY!! BAD JOKE!!

continue with zee Tiki gifts!!!!!

T

Tiki Santa brought me all sorts of sweet stuff this year--
I got a Voodoo Grog mug (finally!). It's in great shape, and I'm so stoked to have one. I also got a small Orchids R-86 bowl:

I also got a Windjammer Cruises mug:

and a New Otani coconut:

As if that wasn't enough, I got a small plate from the luau, and a teacup like would be used for asian tea-- sorry haven't gotten all the sticky stuff off the plate yet :) :

I also got a revised edition of Trader Vics bartending guide, and my wife found me a first edition of Trader Vic's book of food and drink-- 1946. It's 60 years old this year. Awesome! Also got the Tommy Bahama wahine mug for the year, a crossed arm OMC tiki mug, a Safari Drum mug from the Waikiki Sheraton and a Coco Joes menehune!!!!!!!
Whew!!

Pages: 1 11 replies