Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

shrunken head wall hanging page 2!! just finished it!!

Pages: 1 38 replies

greetings all-

here's another lamp i made that's up for sale....it's the end of the year clean-up and i'm going through the studio and making lamps and other items out of some of the bits and pieces of tikis and such i've been accumulating over the past year.....i'll be using this thread on occasion to post new lamps as i make them, offering them at ridiculously low prices for usually one-of-a-kind lamps to the tiki folk here first before posting them on ebay. If you are interested please p.m. me with your zipcode so i can figure out shipping cost for you....(priorty mail). Thanks for looking!!

This lamp stands 18" tall
shade is new and is 10" dia.
tiki is hand painted ceramic
base is metal with aged faux finish

price: $65.00

THIS LAMP IS SOLD!!

[ Edited by: tipsy mcstagger 2006-12-28 15:39 ]

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2007-01-02 13:34 ]

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2007-01-03 19:03 ]

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2007-01-04 15:28 ]

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2007-01-05 15:35 ]

[ Edited by: TIPSY MCSTAGGER 2007-01-12 10:41 ]

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2007-01-20 12:27 ]

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2007-02-05 21:25 ]

[ Edited by: tipsy mcstagger 2007-02-17 13:51 ]

[ Edited by: tipsy mcstagger 2007-02-19 19:54 ]

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2007-02-22 17:14 ]

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2007-03-08 21:32 ]

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2007-03-13 17:46 ]

here's a blast from the past..i had a few elvikis laying around and decided to make some lamps out of them....these will be limited as i only have a few left and they are only available here.....this one was made with cocojoes and H.I.P. original resin tikis in mind.....the finish is all flat black with only the lettering on the base in gold enamel.....keep watching for new lamps soon.....any lamps not claimed by saturday morning will be posted on ebay, so get em' while they are here. I will post more early next week, giving t.c.er's a few days to get first crack at em'!!

lamp stands 10" tall
shade dia. 5"
made of cast resin composite, hand-painted.
complete with new leopard shade, in-line on/off switch and felt bottom to protect surfaces from scratching.

THIS LAMP IS SOLD!!!!

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2007-03-09 15:12 ]

T

Both nice but that top one is highly nice. Would make a good carving and mug too.

On 2006-12-28 15:52, teaKEY wrote:
Both nice but that top one is highly nice. Would make a good carving and mug too.

..thanks!! yeah, i always loved the detail on that first one....

here's one more elviki lamp......same specs and price as the other one above.....this one has a faux copper finish, like those pot metal horses they used to offer up as prizes at traveling carnivals when we were kids.....

THIS LAMP IS SOLD!!!

[ Edited by: tipsy mcstagger 2007-01-23 08:18 ]

..here's yet another version up for sale....same specs and price as the other elviki lamps. I left this one in it's original painted condition from the elviki anniversay edition.......new elviki and new shade. i'll offer this particular lamp to t.c.er's through next week. I'm on a roll!! will be posting more stuff early next week!! Happy new year to you all!!

This lamp no longer available here...it's headed south to the "psycho tikis are go" show, via kreepytiki.

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2007-01-02 13:33 ]

here's something a little different that i whipped up.....

stands 14.5" tall with a 10" dia. shade.

three tiki hand-painted ceramic base with faux brass finish metal fixtures. Has an inline 0n/off switch. 40 watt bulb included.

price: $75

THIS LAMP IS SOLD!!!

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2007-01-04 13:05 ]

..and a wall hanging. made with a vintage mask.....THIS IS NOT A LAMP OR WALL SCONCE. Just a decorative hanging. oval measures 14.5" tall by 12" wide. bamboo half rounds are 20" long. ready to hang in your bar.

price : $35

here's the latest......"atomic tiki"

stands 20.5" tall with a 13" dia. shade.....hand-painted and pinstriped....bulb included.

price: $65

here's the latest...similiar to the fiirst lamp in this post.

stands 20" tall with a 10" square shade. made of metal and wood with faux brass finish. tiki is hand painted ceramic.

price $65

here's another version of an earlier lamp i made in this post. ...this version had black tikis.

THIS LAMP IS SOLD.

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2007-01-20 12:33 ]

here's the latest and up for sale!

stands 20" tall with a 10" square shade. Hand painted ceramic tiki on a black painted wood base...comes with a 40 watt bulb. I went for a faux antique looking shade by applying the pineapple graphics in various states of "fading" to look as though worn.

Price: $65.00

bump

here's a pair of small sconces i just whipped up!!...they are 22" tall and 6" wide......covered in faux leopard fabric, features a carved tiki head with flicker flame bulb out the top and a small 7.5 watt bulb out the bottom......you can change them to colored lights but i'm selling them with clear bulbs......inline switch and a hanger on the back, ready to grace the walls of your tiki pad.....

price for the pair: $65.00 -THESE TWO ARE NOW SOLD!!!!

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2007-02-17 18:12 ]

here's another version of the three tiki lamp....

this one is SOLD

here's the latest!! this one stands 21" tall with a 13" dia. shade......tiki is ceramic with a hand-painted finish and sandstone texture.....he stands on a wood faux brass finish base. Also has a on/off slide switch on the socket.

Price: $75.00

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2007-02-19 19:59 ]

here's the latest!! A lite -up bar sign for your home bar!! measures 10.250" X 12.625" by 4" wide...features red plexyglass face with graphic on the inside....lit by a 15 watt bulb (maximum wattage -and it's plenty bright) framed in split bamboo and painted using fleck-spray stone effect paint. The back is removable to replace the bulb and has heat vents as well.....four rubber feet protect whatever surface the sign sits on......sign stays red when not lit. That "hot spot" you see from the bulb is not visible when lit....the sign has an even glow throughout..unfortunately my camera is picking up on the hot spot, but believe me it's not there when you see it through your own eyes.

NOT FOR SALE!!

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2007-02-22 18:40 ]

T

The sign is a Tiki Farm mug. Are there rights to the use of that?

it is a mug by tiki farm, but that design is not theirs either... they got it from another source too.....i found it as part of the clip art in the grog log by beachbum berry.....i think the beach bum got it from a vintage menu....does anyone here know the history of that tiki image?? i think we all would be curious......

..and that said, maybe holden would like to buy or trade me something for it!!

H

Actually, it's artwork by Kevin Kidney. Kevin did a lot of the artwork in Jeff Berry's books. It's a character he created called Miehana, he originally designed it for an exhibition many years ago on the history of tiki in southern California; it has since become Kevin Kidney's trademark tiki piece, and as mentioned, a very successful tiki mug. While I'm sure he'd be flattered that you like his work, he's also understandably very protective of it.

T

:oops:

On 2007-02-22 18:20, Humuhumu wrote:
Actually, it's artwork by Kevin Kidney. Kevin did a lot of the artwork in Jeff Berry's books. It's a character he created called Miehana, he originally designed it for an exhibition many years ago on the history of tiki in southern California; it has since become Kevin Kidney's trademark tiki piece, and as mentioned, a very successful tiki mug. While I'm sure he'd be flattered that you like his work, he's also understandably very protective of it.

wow..i love that tiki!! but out of respect for kevin, i must no longer offer this for sale.....it really has that vintage look.

..sorry folks!! I can't sell another artists image.......

Sell it to Kevin!

Better yet, trade it for one o' the cool things he makes!

H

I knew you'd understand, Tipsy. Kevin's a victim of his own success -- he's got an incredible knack for capturing a vintage feel! He'll probably be tickled that you made the mistake.

On 2007-02-22 18:41, Tiki Lee's wrote:
Sell it to Kevin!

Better yet, trade it for one o' the cool things he makes!

if he were interested i'd probably trade......but i'll most likely keep it for my home bar and as a sample lite box for future projects...

Hey, if you ever get to the point where you can make a bunch quickly, easily, and affordably, I'd LOVE to have 'em in my shops! They really are quite excellent!

Kool lamps!!

here's another lamp up for sale!! Stands 16" tall with a 9"dia. shade.... tikis are made of hand-painted ceramic on a wooden lamp base. comes with a red 25 watt bulb, new shade.....on/off switch located on the socket...

Price $45

here's something new...it's not a lamp (though i did consider making it one). It's just a cool decorative wall hanging!! behold the hand of the witch doctor!!

on a wooden oval (12 x 9) covered in leopard print fabric.....

price: SOLD

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2007-03-13 17:44 ]

[ Edited by: tipsy mcstagger 2007-03-16 05:30 ]

Great idea..diggin it.

T

Taking something you do and putting a twist on it, coming out with something new. That looks like a gallery piece.

that is by far the coolest and most twisted thing I've ever laid eyes on.

thanks for all the kind words!!

yesssssss!

that is by far the coolest and most twisted thing I've ever laid eyes on.

I take it U haven't seen FreddieBALLSomic with the 3 Contuortionists..........HaHaHaaaaa
Great work as always, Dave. Maholla!!!

,,Thanks all!!...The shrunken head wall hanging is spoken for......Mitch o'connell wants them....plus, he wants me to make another one and somehow figure out how to make them light up!! ...Tall order, so i better get to work on it.....i'll post pics of both pieces here when they are finished so you folks can see what i did....

T

I thought they did light up, cause so much of your other stuff does. I was wondering why we didn't get a good lite pic. Sounds like they are going to a great home.

if you check out mitch's website, you can see the home they are going to...there is a virtual tour on the site that shows you every room...he has 4 of my shrunken head swag lamps in there as well....

Pages: 1 38 replies