Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

King Kukulele Presents Tiki Taix XXX Friday December 29th!!

Pages: 1 11 replies

Friday December 29th, 2006 10PM No Cover

That’s right! Tiki Taix is now rated XXX!! 30 shows and coming up on 3 years and running.

The Polynesian Paradise Dancers return from their recent tour in China just in time for our last show of 2006. We’ll find out a little bit about the tour and how they are spreading Hawaiian culture across China. Let the Hula magic carry you into the New Year.

AND

Dominic Priore, DJ, archivist and author of books, magazines and liner notes will once again be presenting the rarities of his video vaults. His radio show on Luxuria music will be airing on Friday afternoon at 3pm. Later that day he’ll return to Tiki Taix.

PLUS

King Kukulele and Ricki Kon Tiki welcome Malahini Marc back from his stay in Berkeley where he performed on stage in an original musical theatre production that is headed for New York City. Don’t miss this chance to see him return to Tiki Taix XXX.

ALSO

We’ll start a new monthly installment called “Duke Kahanamoku – This Is Your Life!” featuring the first of five parts to be shown over the next five months. Filmed in 1957, this first installment features Duke’s siblings singing Hawaiian songs, the origin of his name, and famous audience member and eyepatch wearing film director John Ford!

Join us for this one night only event. We'll be at Tiki Taix 1911 Sunset Blvd. in Echo Park, Los Angeles 90026 One block north of the lagoon.

Geez!!! This is gonna be a long weekend!!! Starting out Friday @ Tiki Taix then Mugoomba on Saturday and NYE partying at the Bali Hai on Sunday!!!!

Whatta great way to start the weekend out!!! WooHooWahine and I will see you at 10pm Sharp!!!

Calling all Tiki-Freaks, let's show some support for the good ol' King. This would be a great kick-off for the New Year's weekend.

Give your livers a 2006 send-off by having a few at the Tiki Ti and then headin' on over to Taix for some grub and entertainment!

I'll be there!

Okole Maluna!

I'm kinda feeling Blah, and out if it, but if enough people twist my arm I might go.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

On 2006-12-29 14:16, bigtikidude wrote:
I'm kinda feeling Blah, and out if it, but if enough people twist my arm I might go.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

BTD ~ You could always start the evening off at The Catalina Fish Kitchen listening to The Smokin Menehunes tonight. Trust me this will get you in the mood for more at Taix :) We hope to see you :)

On 2006-12-29 14:21, WooHooWahine wrote:

On 2006-12-29 14:16, bigtikidude wrote:

Jeff(bigtikidude)

BTD ~ You could always start the evening off at The Catalina Fish Kitchen listening to The Smokin Menehunes tonight. Trust me this will get you in the mood for more at Taix :) We hope to see you :)

woohooo
I didn't know they were playing tonight, they didn't say anyhting/post about it, are you sure they will be there? I need to go to HB right now, but come back to Anaheim right after, I don't wanna go back and forth 4 times, then drive to LA if I go up there.
ugghhh decissions decissions
Jeff(bigtikidude)

BTD ~ Yes, The Smokin Menehunes are playing FOR SURE tonight!!!!

G
GROG posted on Fri, Dec 29, 2006 5:48 PM

GROG heading to Tiki Ti along with Cheeky Girl to enjoy some delicious libations before heading over to Taix if anybody wants to join us for drinks beforehand.

Great show king and great turn out. It was nice to see so many tiki-folks!

On another note, I know I whimped out, but at least this time my uke made it inside Taix instead of sitting in the car. I deserved the super chicken song.

Thanks for coming you all! Thanks for the pictures and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
King

On 2006-12-30 09:12, WooHooWahine wrote:

Night of the Living Kukulele!

Pages: 1 11 replies