Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Christmas Haul

Pages: 1 9 replies

T

Hi Folks,

Well the holiday season has come and gone. The gyms are filling up and stocks in Phillip-Morris have gone down...for a few weeks anyway.

So what'd ya get?!

I got a Daga Mug from Kon Tiki in Mount Royal (Montreal) and two unknown Japanese made mugs, with a cool dark metallic glaze and red and green accents. Japan is handpainted on the bottom so perhaps they are a bit older.

My Dad's a collector of other stuff but he followed good collector's priciples and scored these for me. Plus a pewter Haida spoon, but the figures are so small, they look like Tiki, so no harm done. Oh, and a "Blue Hawaii" tape of all instrumental Hawaiian songs, a la bargain bin. I love it and my 6 mo. old does too.

Just about got the basement cleaned out so I can slowly start to erect "Guy's Tiki Garden".

Sooooooooo what'd ya get!?

I received the latest edition of "Mr. Boston" and a pair of martini earrings. Mostly I got money, which was spent on two mugs from the Islander, a mug from Harvey's, a scorpion bowl from Harvey's, and a bunch of 1950s turquoise kitchenware to match my stove.

--cyn

M

Ahoy hoy, and what a Christmas is was for me. I got what I have always wanted:

An Official Red Ryder Carbine Action Two-Hundred Shot Lightning Loader Range Model Air Rifle

Ow, OWW! My eye, my EYE!!!
midnite

J
jtiki posted on Tue, Jan 7, 2003 3:37 PM

sweetheart took me to oahu and maui

(will post tiki pics later)

Me and the family went to Oahu for Christmas. I picked up a couple of Tiki Farm Suffering Bastard shots along with an Igor decanter. The surf shop I got them at also had one of the "Fierce Tiki" mugs in blue made for their shop. I thought it was pretty cool so I grabbed it too... I also got couple of new koa frames for the wall and then finally a Mark Thomas Outrigger Pineapple (from eBay when I got home)
Mele Kalikimaka!
:tiki:

Ah-ha! The elusive blue fierce Warrior! We only made about 75 of those mugs for that store!
Holden

FRRRAAA-GEEEE-LEI

T

Madam Bong got me a tiki tile from the restroom at the Kahiki.

On 2003-01-07 23:40, smogbreather wrote:
Ah-ha! The elusive blue fierce Warrior! We only made about 75 of those mugs for that store!
Holden

Holden,
It's a great mug. I really love the richness of the blue glaze y'all used. Keep up the good work!
:tiki:

My birthday was New Years' Eve and between it and Christmas I really scored. My wife took me to Vegas for New Years', and I bought her a black leather couch that looks very mid-century modern that we both wanted. My grandmother got me a book on 1950's pop culture and gave my wife a very cool vintage 1950's red wool winter coat. My mother got me some etched palm tree highballs and a cool retro sugar dispenser. My sister got me some mint Star Wars cards from the late 70's. For myself, I finally had 5 Shag prints I had sitting in the closet for months framed, and I bought the very last set of the Pele and Exotica giclees from Bosko! All in all the best Christmas/birthday for loot since 1977 when I got Atari and and bunches of Star Wars toys.

Pages: 1 9 replies