Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

New Year's Eve Kanikapila at Tiki Terrace Pictures

Pages: 1 2 replies

Another good time at the Tiki Terrace! This time for New Year's Eve. Same format as the anniversary party, it was Kanikapila. Just like a hangloose backyard jam session or a family luau. Ukes, guitars and upright bass joined in with everyone signing classic Hawaiian songs or hula on the dance floor. At midnight the dance floor became a place for everyone to scurry around hugging everyone else and wish them Happy New Year. Great drinks (as usual!) yummy snacks, and fresh orchids to make our own leis helped to make the evening a perfect way to welcome 2007.

It has been said before but I'll say it again, the Zuziak brothers and their wonderful family and staff have a magical place. A little slice of the islands in atmosphere, drinks and food, but most importantly in the aloha spirit that comes out in everyone who shares an evening there together.

If you're ever nearby, don't miss the Tiki Terrace.

Pictures from the party, which included another big tiki raffle from me. :) Congrats to all the winners!

Richie leads the Kanes in dance :up:

Jim, aka bete, enjoys the party proudly displaying his Basement Kahuna creation :up:

Richie making drinks :up:

The jam session :up:

The first raffle winner :up:

Another winner :up:

And then there were three left :up:

The third tiki winner :up:

The fourth winner and the last tiki of 2006 :up:

Midnight approaches and Tina starts the countdown :up:

The winner of the grand prize First Tiki of 2007... a hefty 4 1/2 footer weighing in at about 100 or so pounds :up:

Phil and Jim joking around as the night went on :up:

Big mahalo again Scott and Phil, and I wish you all the best in 2007!

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer 2007-01-01 23:08 ]

HK

Dave - Great pics, man. Hopefully we can check it out in person this summer. Hope you
're staying warm up there.

Josh

Aloha Josh. Yea, you guys would fit in real good there, definately check it out.

Not too cold yet... dropped from 40's and 50's to 30's... some surf coming Thursday, then we're talking single digits next week. Winter's back.

June can't come soon enough... but at least it is January and not November. :wink:

Pages: 1 2 replies